Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5] >
Make an underpriviliged child feel special and famous.
Thread poster: Schwabamädle
Schwabamädle
Schwabamädle
Canada
Local time: 04:23
English to German
+ ...
Jan 9, 2008

Hello dear all,

I am sure most of you know who Translators4kids is; a Non-Profit-Organization for underprivileged children who are trying to publish a book with stories from underprivileged children around the world. No no please keep reading you can check there website later (-;
at http://www.translators4kids.com.

The organizations was founded a couple of years ago from M
... See more
Hello dear all,

I am sure most of you know who Translators4kids is; a Non-Profit-Organization for underprivileged children who are trying to publish a book with stories from underprivileged children around the world. No no please keep reading you can check there website later (-;
at http://www.translators4kids.com.

The organizations was founded a couple of years ago from Marion Schimmelpfennig and we had so many enthusiastic members and really appreciate their efforts.

Our main goal is to collect stories, drawings, and pictures from those children by YOU.

I would like to commit myself to make this whole process easier by just submitting it to Andrea Di Marco at [email protected].

BETTER would be if you would send it per snail mail just because of quality reasons...but don’t worry I leave this up to you.

This material can be submitted in Swahili or any language and we make sure we translate it for you by our volunteers.

The book will be on the market in many languages.

DEADLINE FOR SUBMITTING ALL STORIES, DRAWINGS AND PICTURES IS 2 OF SEPTEMBER 2008.
We need thousands...please help us....there has been put so much effort from so many people into this project that we can just simply not let go.

Also the children are already counting on it to see themselves and their sad, heartwarming, happy or whatever story they have to tell us in this book.

Yes, some underprivileged children have more insight in life than we have. So they are giving us a gift. Thanks!!

All you have to do is to agree that we Translators4kids have all rights to use this material for the purpose of this wonderful book which will be available in all languages and accessible to people looking for insights.

Oh yes, and all proceeds of this book is going to organizations who need the money most.

Us not included. WE ARE ALL VOLUNTEERS. We all have jobs and need to make money but please spare a bit of your time ...just look around. The stories can be submitted in any language but the terms and conditions have to be agreed upon in English with your signature.

I will outline the terms and conditions once you contact me. Don’t worry just one paper.... Of course proper ID from you is also necessary, and no you do not have to be a translator just a committed person.

By agreeing to our terms and conditions which are that the person who submits any of those materials made sure with the representative, parent or authority of the child that we (Translators4kids) have all copyrights to the material being send to us.

AND THERE IT IS THE ADVANTAGES TO DO SO
By submitting stories, drawings and pictures of underprivileged children you will receive a
"Masters Volunteer Certificate" from Translators4kids
and we will also holding a draw on June 21 for a trip to Canada Toronto, for 2 weeks with accommodations.

What is the Masters Volunteer Certificate good for?

well you can add it into your profile website and show people that you are a caring individual. That would make it for me...they must think that if you care about something you are not making money of you must care about something you make money of a whole lot. Or? What do you think?

If any of you has any other ideas please post it here. Let’s talk and find solutions fast.
We are a community and have access to a global network. Let’s be proud of this and make something special happen.

I am really exited and hope so much for your reply.

All we have to do is look around....

Huh, thats it for now. Thanks everyone..

Andrea Di Marco
Collapse

Tati Clau
Tati Clau

Local time: 09:23
English to Spanish
+ ...
We would like to join your project Jan 9, 2008

Dear Andrea,

We will contact you by e-mail. We've been involved since 2002 with Nueva Cultura's early intervention projects in the city of Santa Fe. ( Argentina).
It is a non government organization that takes care of blind and low vision children.
We have hundred of beautiful stories.

Thanks for your post,

Jan en Claudia Stroeken- Ruiz Diaz

[Edited at 2008-01-09 17:09]

Deborah Workman
Deborah Workman  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Website link to info about book project is broken Jan 9, 2008

Hi, Andrea

The book project sounds interesting. To get a better understanding of how it works and which organizations get the proceeds, I went to . Unfortunately, when I click on "Click here for more info on the Book Project" I find that the link is broken. I thought you might like to know since I imagine lots of people responding to your post will want to check the information on the website.

Best,

Deborah

Fabiana Papastefani-Pezzoni
Fabiana Papastefani-Pezzoni  Identity Verified
Albania
Member (2003)
English to Albanian
+ ...
You are so right, dear Andrea Jan 9, 2008

Hello Andrea and all,

I am so happy to see your post, as well as Natalias post last month again. I am one of the volunteers of this project, even tough for different (personal and non) reasons we were stopped for a while.

I just wanted to say how very right you are when you say that this may not seem so, but when you get to know these kids, get to erad their stories, get to see their drawings you really see what a wonderful little world these kids have inside. There a
... See more
Hello Andrea and all,

I am so happy to see your post, as well as Natalias post last month again. I am one of the volunteers of this project, even tough for different (personal and non) reasons we were stopped for a while.

I just wanted to say how very right you are when you say that this may not seem so, but when you get to know these kids, get to erad their stories, get to see their drawings you really see what a wonderful little world these kids have inside. There are so many un priviliged children and they need so much help.

All it takes is to commit to help, get to find kids like that, who unfortunately are found in many countries.

I also would be very grateful for any one that would join our team

Let's do something important.

Kind regards to all colleagues

Fabiana from Kiev
Collapse

Schwabamädle
Schwabamädle
Canada
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Our website was just rebuild and this problem will be fixed Jan 9, 2008

I will keep on posting on this forum and will keep you updated. I will shortly post the bookproject on this forum so you can read about it. Thanks so much for your interest.

Deborah Workman wrote:

Hi, Andrea

The book project sounds interesting. To get a better understanding of how it works and which organizations get the proceeds, I went to . Unfortunately, when I click on "Click here for more info on the Book Project" I find that the link is broken. I thought you might like to know since I imagine lots of people responding to your post will want to check the information on the website.

Best,

Deborah

Assem Mazloum
Assem Mazloum  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Count us in Jan 9, 2008

Dear Andrea,

I'm willing and honored to be a part of such great project.

We'll be in touch soon.

Talked with my staff, all are willing to take part in this action,

We offer:

Translation in the following language pairs:

English Arabic
German -Arabic
Greek Arabic
FrenchArabic
SpanishArabic

and if any team member visits Syria we can arrange TV interview " s
... See more
Dear Andrea,

I'm willing and honored to be a part of such great project.

We'll be in touch soon.

Talked with my staff, all are willing to take part in this action,

We offer:

Translation in the following language pairs:

English Arabic
German -Arabic
Greek Arabic
FrenchArabic
SpanishArabic

and if any team member visits Syria we can arrange TV interview " special program"
and it'll be broadcasted on Satellite Channels.
DO not hesitate! everyone, contact me if you had any question.

Kind Regards.

Hi again,
I was checking t4k site, I've noticed that it's not localized in Arabic yet,

I'm ready to handle this task, I'll provide the translation, this will be helpful in promoting the org in the Arab world where many people are kindhearted and friendly.

[Edited at 2008-01-10 02:07]

[Edited at 2008-01-10 02:18]
Collapse

Margreet Logmans (X)
Margreet Logmans (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Thanks for your e-mail Jan 9, 2008

I have nothing to add to my e-mail message, so I'll just hang around and keep tracking this thread, ok?

Kerstin Knepper
Kerstin Knepper  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Count me in! Jan 9, 2008

Hi,

I'll keep an eye on this forum and you have my email-address. I'd be proud and honoured to be part of this.

Best
Kerstin

Lisa Nottmeyer (X)
Lisa Nottmeyer (X)
Spain
Spanish to German
+ ...
Thanks for your response Jan 9, 2008

Dear Andrea:

Thanks for answering my mail.
I´ll just keep checking this forum post.

If meanwhile you need anything else .. please feel free to contact any time.

Regards

Lisa

Schwabamädle
Schwabamädle
Canada
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Step by Step instructions Jan 9, 2008

First thank to all of you who have responded

1. I am sure we all know children around the corner or a place we visit on a holiday, or an organisation were children would loved to be heard. (Hospital, Orphanage, Streetkids, mistreated children and abused children etc.....

Please contact either the authorities, parents, or representatives of those children and ask for permission to collect stories and drawings and pictures from those children.

Example:
... See more
First thank to all of you who have responded

1. I am sure we all know children around the corner or a place we visit on a holiday, or an organisation were children would loved to be heard. (Hospital, Orphanage, Streetkids, mistreated children and abused children etc.....

Please contact either the authorities, parents, or representatives of those children and ask for permission to collect stories and drawings and pictures from those children.

Example:
Lets say you are going on a Holiday to Haiti:
than please e-mail me at collection4translators4kids.com and I will send you a presentation in French at this case, which you then can show to any of those authorities. Just to make them understand what it is all about.

We have all presentations translated in any language needed. If you dont need it than thats fine too. I will post a English presentation on my next post, and wait for your questions you might have.

Andrea Di Marco
Collapse

Alexandra Collins
Alexandra Collins  Identity Verified
English to German
Count me in Jan 9, 2008

My live is very happy and I would like to give some of it back to children around the world.

Alexandra Collins

Mayte Vega
Mayte Vega  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:23
English to Spanish
+ ...
Count me in, too! Jan 9, 2008

Thank you for your email, Andrea.

I'll follow instructions though this thread.

Happy New Year to all you there and let's IMAGINE ALL THE PEOPLE LIVING LIFE IN PEACE!!!

Cheers,

Mayte

Alejandra Garza
Alejandra Garza  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 02:23
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks Jan 9, 2008

Andrea, it will be an honor to participate in this project. I can offer my services for Spanish.

Have a fantastic day.

Alejandra Garza
Mexico

Helen Chrysanthopoulou
Helen Chrysanthopoulou
Local time: 10:23
French to Greek
+ ...
bravo!!! Jan 9, 2008

i am available for any translation.
my pairs are:
en>gr
fr>gr
it>gr

count on me!!!

best regards

Sisiutl
Sisiutl
Mexico
Local time: 02:23
French to English
+ ...
The more, the merrier Jan 9, 2008

We would be pleased to lend a hand. Consider us for Spanish and French.

Sisiutl,
Mexico City

Pages in topic:   [1 2 3 4 5] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Make an underpriviliged child feel special and famous.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »