Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >
Make an underpriviliged child feel special and famous.
Thread poster: Schwabamädle
traductorchile
traductorchile  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 13:00
English to Spanish
+ ...
I need more info Jan 10, 2008

Dear Andrea:

I went to the web page but couldn't get in to the project. When you have any material count me in for english to spanish or spanish to english. Meanwhile, I could build some Ad's on a webpage about bullying to call children (or organizations that take care of underpriviliged children) to submit their stories & drawings. But for this I will need to surrender information they will surely ask. Presumably there will be a pre-selection. Length of stories. Scanned image
... See more
Dear Andrea:

I went to the web page but couldn't get in to the project. When you have any material count me in for english to spanish or spanish to english. Meanwhile, I could build some Ad's on a webpage about bullying to call children (or organizations that take care of underpriviliged children) to submit their stories & drawings. But for this I will need to surrender information they will surely ask. Presumably there will be a pre-selection. Length of stories. Scanned images or on paper. Where, how and to whom do they send them, etc. If you have a tailored Ad, post it or send it to me through my profile and I'd be honoured to put it on the web page.
Collapse

Schwabamädle
Schwabamädle
Canada
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Wow, now I have to capture the great helping spirits Jan 10, 2008

Please dont go away again. Thank you (-;

Soon
Andrea

Maria Semenova
Maria Semenova  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 00:00
English to Russian
+ ...
Count me in! Jan 10, 2008

I would like to volunteer for English into Russian translation of these stories, if this pair is needed at all.

I really would like to help.

Maria

Danu
Danu  Identity Verified
Eritrea
Local time: 20:00
Member (2006)
English to Tigrinya
+ ...
I can help - Tigrinya Jan 10, 2008

I am at your fingers. I can help you on doing translations from English to Tigrinya, Tigrinya to English, Amharic to English and Amharic to English.

Thanks for your initiative.

Dan

Ammar Mahmood
Ammar Mahmood
Iraq
Local time: 20:00
English to Arabic
+ ...
Greetings from Iraq Jan 10, 2008

Dear Andrea,

From Iraq I salute you and express my willingness to take part in your humanly endeavor. I hope to be of help in this great project.
I am a father of a three-years-old boy. I wish that he can write or draw. But, you know he is still too young. I will make sure to collect stories and drawings from children around.

Please, inform me if you want me to translate something you have from English into Arabic and the other way round.

Yours,
... See more
Dear Andrea,

From Iraq I salute you and express my willingness to take part in your humanly endeavor. I hope to be of help in this great project.
I am a father of a three-years-old boy. I wish that he can write or draw. But, you know he is still too young. I will make sure to collect stories and drawings from children around.

Please, inform me if you want me to translate something you have from English into Arabic and the other way round.

Yours,
Ammar
Collapse

Elena Favero
Elena Favero  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:00
English to Italian
+ ...
Translating into Italian :) Jan 10, 2008

Dear Andrea,

I wold like to help you on translating the books from English to Italian or Spansh to Italian.
Count on me!!!

Yours,
Elena

Maria San Martin
Maria San Martin  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Please, embark me in this ship! Jan 10, 2008

Dear Andrea,

you can count on me, too, for any texts you might need, especially for institutional
purposes, EU jargon, etc.

I have co-ordinated myself integration projects and I will be pleased to help you with any social-related text of this sort.

My combination: ENGLISH into SPANISH (Spain)

Specialities: institutional, social and political studies, intercultural dialogue, technical engineering (if needed), and all sorts of technical t
... See more
Dear Andrea,

you can count on me, too, for any texts you might need, especially for institutional
purposes, EU jargon, etc.

I have co-ordinated myself integration projects and I will be pleased to help you with any social-related text of this sort.

My combination: ENGLISH into SPANISH (Spain)

Specialities: institutional, social and political studies, intercultural dialogue, technical engineering (if needed), and all sorts of technical texts.

All the best and I hope to hear from you soon,

Maria
Collapse

Ina Wilms (X)
Ina Wilms (X)  Identity Verified
English to German
Dear Andrea Jan 10, 2008

I think that is a great project.

I would like to participate for the language pair ENG-GER.

Best wishes
Ina

Niraja Nanjundan (X)
Niraja Nanjundan (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:30
German to English
Stories from children in India Jan 10, 2008

Hi Andrea,

I recently became a member of T4K and have been in touch with Natalia Eklund.

I would like to help out in any way I can. Some of us here will be meeting at a powwow on January 20th and I thought I could start a collective effort amongst Indian translators to collect stories from children for your book project. As you can imagine, less privileged children in India have a lot of stories to tell! I will, of course, ask them to translate the stories from the Indi
... See more
Hi Andrea,

I recently became a member of T4K and have been in touch with Natalia Eklund.

I would like to help out in any way I can. Some of us here will be meeting at a powwow on January 20th and I thought I could start a collective effort amongst Indian translators to collect stories from children for your book project. As you can imagine, less privileged children in India have a lot of stories to tell! I will, of course, ask them to translate the stories from the Indian languages into English, so that you have the Indian language version as well as the English one.

I have just heard from Natalia again and she referred me to this forum discussion. I will get back to you after discussing this with my Indian colleagues at the powwow. I hope that's OK with you and serves your purpose.

Thanks and regards,
Niraja
Collapse

Jeannette Lakèl
Jeannette Lakèl  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Chapeau to you, Andrea, and to all volunteers around! Jan 10, 2008

Dear Andrea,

Thanks for your e-mail. Count on me for translations EN - GER, FR - GER!

I might also be able to help collecting stories.

Is there a German version of the document for the authorities? If so, please post it. Around here, there's a orphanage. I could ask there for stories.

I wish you all a happy New Year and - keep the thing going!

Jeannette

Fabiana Papastefani-Pezzoni
Fabiana Papastefani-Pezzoni  Identity Verified
Albania
Member (2003)
English to Albanian
+ ...
This is really wonderful Jan 10, 2008

Andrea Di Marco wrote:

First thank to all of you who have responded

1. I am sure we all know children around the corner or a place we visit on a holiday, or an organisation were children would loved to be heard. (Hospital, Orphanage, Streetkids, mistreated children and abused children etc.....

Please contact either the authorities, parents, or representatives of those children and ask for permission to collect stories and drawings and pictures from those children.

Example:
Lets say you are going on a Holiday to Haiti:
than please e-mail me at collection4translators4kids.com and I will send you a presentation in French at this case, which you then can show to any of those authorities. Just to make them understand what it is all about.

We have all presentations translated in any language needed. If you dont need it than thats fine too. I will post a English presentation on my next post, and wait for your questions you might have.

Andrea Di Marco

Hi all,

I would like to really thank you you that have shown enthusiasm and willngness to join the project. I am also one of the volunteers. For a short while we did not proceed so much but now we need to kick again this project.

Andrea is right when she said: "please do not disappear". We are all very busy with work, families and our lives, so I know that no one has really time to through. But I would like to only tell you all that if the iedas are clear and the steps well programmed, one can make it.

Andrea already started to brief about the project, saying what is important to know/have:

1) What is needed for this book (stories, drawings of kids). For this, one has to be willing to look out and find these kids. It can be an orphanage, school, hospital, neighbor, as long as there is some one that can also legally allow us to take a story or a drawing of this kid, with his/her name and photo.
Now, about the photo: Andera, I need an update here, when we were in progress before we were also speaking of a photo of the kid. Do we still need to take that?

2) What documents are needed for each of us to have:
a) a short presentation (in one page) of the project and of what/who we/you are;
b) a form that the parent/carer will sign, to authorise us to publish this work of the kid.

Andrea is right when she says above that we have a vaste archive with presentations and forms in almost all languages, so it is necessary that all of us that make up their mind to participate drops an email to Andrea, letting her know:

i) what language do you need the docs
ii) where are you located and what did you find.

Again many thanks to all,

Kind regards,

Fabiana

Assem Mazloum
Assem Mazloum  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to Arabic
+ ...
re Jan 10, 2008

Ammar Mahmood wrote:

Dear Andrea,

Yours,
Ammar

Hi Ammar,
expected of you, such caring and friendly person.

Schwabamädle
Schwabamädle
Canada
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reply to Fabiana Jan 10, 2008

Thank you dear Fabiana for helping me out here.

well do be honest with you I would like to make this as easy as possible.

Just because I know from experience that if we use to much paperwork going back and forth people are giving up. So therefore I have thought that if I outline the Terms and Conditions before the material is submitted to me than it will be okay.

It is like in Proz. before you become a member you have to agree to their terms right.
... See more
Thank you dear Fabiana for helping me out here.

well do be honest with you I would like to make this as easy as possible.

Just because I know from experience that if we use to much paperwork going back and forth people are giving up. So therefore I have thought that if I outline the Terms and Conditions before the material is submitted to me than it will be okay.

It is like in Proz. before you become a member you have to agree to their terms right.

The terms and conditions are basically; that you didnt run away with those stories without asking the authorities and that you have read and agreed and fully understood the code of conduct at http://www.trasnslators4kids and that T4K and I has the full rights to the material. Only for the purpose of our Book Project. But this we dont need right now.

Answering your questions Fabiana,

Questions Nr. 1

You don’t need to take a photo it is more about the stories and drawing. If the child or children want to have their picture taken than sure. Stories are important.. the length I would say should be no more than 400 words but more than 15 words, on a normal piece of paper is fine.

The childs age should not exceed 16 years of age I would say but than again you have to judge for yourself it depends on the circumstances. No younger than 3 years old, because their writing skills are different from what we can read...but drawings sure.

Yes please do not take the picture of the child anonymously. You have to talk the authorities first if you are allowed.

If you run into children who do not have anybody around than hmm I think than better don’t ask for anything but give them something (-;

The paper stuff I will do one by one. This is the easiest I think.

One more important thing.

Nobody who participates in this project is obligated to spend or donate any money.
We get your time and this is what is important.

Thanks so much..

I am very easy to talk to so please just write me at [email protected] and I will answer your questions.

Thanks all and thanks Fabiana
Collapse

Schwabamädle
Schwabamädle
Canada
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This is very kind of you Ammar. Thanks Jan 10, 2008

profi-assem wrote:

Ammar Mahmood wrote:

Dear Andrea,

Yours,
Ammar

Hi Ammar,
expected of you, such caring and friendly person.

Schwabamädle
Schwabamädle
Canada
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hello dear Sir, Jan 10, 2008

traductorchile wrote:

Yes, sorry the link for the bookproject is under construction. Translatorskids have done a whole new website and it will be finished soon. Thanks for your offer of translating material in your language pair. The idea of the ad is wonderful.

Please ask me anything you need. You can get waivers, presentations, outlining of bookproject etc..The length of stories should not exceed 400 words and shoulnt be less than 15 words. Please have the stories written on a normal piece of paper in any language. If we could get the original than that would be a great bonus, because of quality reasons.

Please write to my email at [email protected] and I will send you a tailored add. Hey..perfect idea. Thanks!!!

Dear Andrea:

I went to the web page but couldn't get in to the project. When you have any material count me in for english to spanish or spanish to english. Meanwhile, I could build some Ad's on a webpage about bullying to call children (or organizations that take care of underpriviliged children) to submit their stories & drawings. But for this I will need to surrender information they will surely ask. Presumably there will be a pre-selection. Length of stories. Scanned images or on paper. Where, how and to whom do they send them, etc. If you have a tailored Ad, post it or send it to me through my profile and I'd be honoured to put it on the web page.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Make an underpriviliged child feel special and famous.

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »