Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >
Make an underpriviliged child feel special and famous.
Thread poster: Schwabamädle
InnaFix (X)
InnaFix (X)
Local time: 13:39
French to Russian
+ ...
I would like to participate Jan 9, 2008

Hello Andrea,
I would like to participate in your project and to be volonteer translator in English-German and English-Russian
Kind Regards,
Polina Fix

Schwabamädle
Schwabamädle
Canada
Local time: 07:39
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank very much for your offer Jan 9, 2008

but for now we need to collect stories from children. Please read the beginning of the thread and I will keep everyone updated. Oh really...I am so pleased with all of your response. This really makes me so happy.

Vertigirl wrote:

Andrea, it will be an honor to participate in this project. I can offer my services for Spanish.

Have a fantastic day.

Alejandra Garza
Mexico

Susana Arias
Susana Arias  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I would like to join your project too Jan 9, 2008

I would be pleased to contribute too from English into Spanish.

Kind regards,

Susana

Veronica Svanström
Veronica Svanström
Romania
Local time: 14:39
German to Romanian
+ ...
Romanian translator Jan 9, 2008

Hello Andrea,

I would be honoured to take part to this project.

Please, count me in for Romanian!

Wish you good luck!

The children need us so much and we can give them so much!

Schwabamädle
Schwabamädle
Canada
Local time: 07:39
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This forum is about collecting stories Jan 9, 2008

Hello again,

I am sorry, but maybe I didnt make myself clear enough. We do need that you as a translator get in contact with the authorities of children who are underpriviliged and submit stories to us at translators4kids. The stories can be written in any language,

Please read the top of the forum.

Here is a presentation in English which we have in any other language as well for you to copy so you have something to show once you contact the authorities.<
... See more
Hello again,

I am sorry, but maybe I didnt make myself clear enough. We do need that you as a translator get in contact with the authorities of children who are underpriviliged and submit stories to us at translators4kids. The stories can be written in any language,

Please read the top of the forum.

Here is a presentation in English which we have in any other language as well for you to copy so you have something to show once you contact the authorities.

Like I said I will keep you updated and please please post your questions.

This is the English Presentation you can show and please email me at collection4translators4kids.com if you need it in a different language or the English version as a Word doc.

I’M PART OF A COMMUNITY OF TRANSLATORS
OUT TO HELP CHILDREN GAIN THEIR VOICES

The world is full of children who have hopes, dreams and fears. For many reasons, these emotions may go unexpressed. Maybe the world just isn’t listening. Maybe the voices are muffled by circumstance, illness and hardship.

I represent Translators for Kids (T4K), an international charitable organization dedicated to helping the world’s children. My organization is composed of people like me from around the world who work with words and cultures. Our mission is to help children share their dreams and fears as well as their hopes and aspirations. We want to help kids live better, more fulfilled lives.

A Book by Kids

The major project of T4K is to publish a book of writing and art created by children from all parts of the world, in all kinds of circumstances. So I am here collecting the words and pictures of children. I represent no government, no religious group, just an organization out to help kids. We think this will be a wonderful, profound and inspiring book that people from around the world will want to read. In fact, the book will be translated into many languages by our organization.

A Book to Benefit Kids

Money raised from the sale of this book as well as other T4K projects will be used for programs to help children in need. One of our primary goals is to help our world’s “forgotten” kids, those who have benefited least from the offerings of society. Every program we support will be aimed directly at providing the most help possible.

Help Me Get the Word (and Pictures) Out

I am looking for expressive material for this book. It can be poems, stories, letters, essays, drawings, sketches. This material can be on any subject. It can be something a child has written or drawn already, or something he or she may want to create for this book. It is a wonderful opportunity to have a child’s work expressed and published for the world to see.

Thanks in Advance for Your Help

I personally hope you can help. Any writings or artwork from children in your area will be greatly appreciated. We will gladly answer any questions you might have.

I am ___________________________________________________________
I can be reached at ________________________________________________

(T4K logo, address, phone, e-mail, etc.)
Collapse

Roberta Negrin
Roberta Negrin  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2007)
English to Italian
+ ...
count me in, too! Jan 9, 2008

Hi Andrea,
you can also count on me for this project (English / French and Dutch into Italian).
It will be an honour to help.
Thanks,
regards,

Roberta

David Abraham
David Abraham
Romania
Local time: 14:39
Italian to English
+ ...
Project Jan 9, 2008

Dear Andrea,
I am willing to take part in the project. I am a native speaker of both Romanian and Italian. Feel free to contact me. David

Lory Lizama
Lory Lizama  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:39
English to Spanish
Count me in, please!!!!!!!!!! Jan 9, 2008

Andrea, I know you're requesting for stories, but, whenever you need help to translate into Spanish, please feel free to contact me. In the meanwhile, I'll be looking for stories to send you.

Best regards,

Lorena Lizama
from Mexico

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
I'm in ! Jan 9, 2008

I'm in too - that's a wonderful and noble project and that would be an honor to be part of it. For any translation need (German>Fr / English>Fr), feel free to write me !
I'll be looking for material for you !

Regards,
Anne

Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
I'd like to help too Jan 9, 2008

Hi Andrea,

It's a fantastic project! Please count me in as well.
I'll be on the look out for stories, and of course do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any help.

It's also great to see the response of our community

Kind regards,

Sole

Ligia Cirlinas (X)
Ligia Cirlinas (X)
Local time: 09:39
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Count on me too! Jan 9, 2008

Andrea, thank you for your e-mail.

I'm willing to help you out with this fantastic project.

I can do English to Portuguese (Brazilian).

See ya!

Tharaa Hafez
Tharaa Hafez
Egypt
Arabic to English
+ ...
Count me in too Jan 9, 2008

Dear Andrea,

I'll be very pleased to take part in this project .
Pls. count on me for Arabic translation.

Kind regards

Saraa El Sayed
Cairo-Egypt

Cecilia Welsh
Cecilia Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:39
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Let me help! Jan 9, 2008

I think this is an amazing project and would love to have even a small part in it...I will be checking in my area for materials to send you and you may contact me if you need any translation work into Spanish or English.

I wish you the best in your endeavor of love,

Cecilia

[Edited at 2008-01-09 23:31]

[Edited at 2008-01-10 02:37]

Humberto Ribas
Humberto Ribas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:39
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Count me in Jan 10, 2008

Just let know when.

Qingyong Zhang
Qingyong Zhang
China
Local time: 19:39
English to Chinese
+ ...
I am in Jan 10, 2008

I have read all the threads and found out that it is not just a traslating work, but I can do that in Here, so please count me in.It is so great.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Make an underpriviliged child feel special and famous.

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »