Translators4Kids (T4K) book project takes off
Thread poster: Marion Schimmelpfennig
Marion Schimmelpfennig
Marion Schimmelpfennig  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:04
English to German
Apr 13, 2006

When in December 2004 I first contacted the ProZ.com community with my plans to help disadvantaged children across the world, I was not really prepared for the scale of the response that I received. People from a variety of different environments, some working in the translation business, others in more or less related industries, were happy to offer their services and support.

Over the past year T4K, assisted by different groups of volunteers, has been working to set up the associa
... See more
When in December 2004 I first contacted the ProZ.com community with my plans to help disadvantaged children across the world, I was not really prepared for the scale of the response that I received. People from a variety of different environments, some working in the translation business, others in more or less related industries, were happy to offer their services and support.

Over the past year T4K, assisted by different groups of volunteers, has been working to set up the association Translators for Kids (T4K). Through our Newsletters, we have tried to keep subscribers informed of all that has been going on.

Setting up an association may sound easy but in reality it soon became clear that the process can take rather a long time. Even opening a bank account proved to be quite an ordeal. But T4K now has official status, an address, a bank account, an Executive Committee, a vast team of volunteers in the background (though there can never be enough and all new members/contributors are more than welcome) and, now, a complete written concept for its first big project – a book of writing and artwork by underprivileged children.

By now you should be itching with curiosity. To enable you to discover all the details, the kick-off documents are available for everyone who wants to help in making the book a reality. Simply drop me an email at [email protected] (alternatively at [email protected]) and I will give you access to the documents.

For more information about T4K, and to read our latest newsletters, please visit www.translators4kids.com

Kind regards
Marion Schimmelpfennig

[Edited at 2006-04-22 06:07]
Collapse

Mary Stefan
Mary Stefan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:04
Italian to English
+ ...
Romanian translations Jul 14, 2006

Dear Marion Schimmelpfennig,

I have no words to describe you how happy i was when i logged on your site.
I'm an authorized Romanian translator and i would be more than happy to help with your projects. My language pairs are: romanian-english/ english-romanian/italian-english/italian/romanian.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Marinela Stefan

Marion Schimmelpfennig
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Mary, I sent you a message through ProZ.com Jul 14, 2006

Thanks so much for volunteering!

Kind regards
Marion

Maria Callebaut-Blagojevic
Maria Callebaut-Blagojevic  Identity Verified
Belgium
Dutch to French
+ ...
How can I help Oct 10, 2006

Hi,

I would like to help but after having tried to register on your site I just got another empty form to fill in again?!?

What can I do to help as a translator?

thanks and regards,

Maria

Marion Schimmelpfennig
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
Help registering at T4K Oct 11, 2006

Maria Callebaut wrote:

Hi,

I would like to help but after having tried to register on your site I just got another empty form to fill in again?!?

What can I do to help as a translator?

thanks and regards,

Maria

Hi Maria,

I tried our registering page at www.translators4kids.com and it worked fine - no idea what happened when you tried it, sorry.

The easiest thing would be to write to our headquarters in Paris, Natalia Eklund ([email protected]), and let her know you want to register. Please state your full name, address details and language pair(s) and copy me at [email protected]. I will then send you more information.

Kind regards
Marion

[Bearbeitet am 2006-10-11 05:41]

[Bearbeitet am 2006-10-11 05:42]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Translators4Kids (T4K) book project takes off

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »