Sponsors
Thread poster: Marion Schimmelpfennig
Marion Schimmelpfennig
Marion Schimmelpfennig  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:07
English to German
Dec 11, 2004

As mentioned, we won't be able to pull this project off without the help of sponsors. I'm proud to announce that ProZ.com will be our first sponsor. But we will need more, and they should probably be big ones. Let's talk about it here.

Balaban already commented:

We do need the support of ProZ during this project, especially when going to big sponsors to ask their promotional support, what do people think on this issue?

seaMount
seaMount
Dutch to English
+ ...
Foreword Jan 3, 2005

Ask for instance UNICEF's Executive Director Carol Bellamy to write the foreword. It might boost the attractiveness of this initiative for potential sponsors!
(Wout-Jan Koridon)

Ingrid Frick Loli
Ingrid Frick Loli  Identity Verified
Member (2006)
Italian to English
Medici senza Frontiera Jan 30, 2005

http://www.medicisenzafrontiere.it/msfinforma/comunicati_stampa/27122004.shtml

I could contact Medici Senza Frontiera Italy and those based in France the French counterpart and so on...until we hit who can support us. Of course they are seeking sponsorship, but if they lend us their name somewhere.....it could be a great boost in the right direct
... See more
http://www.medicisenzafrontiere.it/msfinforma/comunicati_stampa/27122004.shtml

I could contact Medici Senza Frontiera Italy and those based in France the French counterpart and so on...until we hit who can support us. Of course they are seeking sponsorship, but if they lend us their name somewhere.....it could be a great boost in the right direction.

Ingrid B. Frick Loli
Italy
Collapse

athena22
athena22  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:07
English
+ ...
Unicef Jan 30, 2005

Unicef would be excellent, I should think!
Nanette

Celia Hagerman
Celia Hagerman
Local time: 21:07
English to Spanish
+ ...
Sponsors Feb 1, 2005

Ok, it may be wild, but I would think about getting sponsors for the book on a comercial basis. That is, we are talking about kids in hospitals, with health problems, and other related issues, so we can probably target big pharmaceutical companies, to be sponsors of the book itself. After all, the translation into lenguages is done by volunteers, so there are no expenses there. Also, probably contacting some big publishing houses, that would love to have their name attached to a charity project ... See more
Ok, it may be wild, but I would think about getting sponsors for the book on a comercial basis. That is, we are talking about kids in hospitals, with health problems, and other related issues, so we can probably target big pharmaceutical companies, to be sponsors of the book itself. After all, the translation into lenguages is done by volunteers, so there are no expenses there. Also, probably contacting some big publishing houses, that would love to have their name attached to a charity project at an international level such as this... those are my ideas anyway.
I think that Unicef and Doctors without borders do a great job on their field, but they are also out there trying to get sponsors, and donations for their work, so I do not believe that they are going to be able to help much on that side. If we want to have "their name" on the final book, they may want to be involve on the whole matter from the begining... who knows.
I do think though that asking the Director of Unicef or even go higher up in the scale and go for the UN General Secretary or some other respectable figure to writte a prologue or a presentation is a great idea.
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Sponsors

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »