Advertising the project: website
Thread poster: Marion Schimmelpfennig
Marion Schimmelpfennig
Marion Schimmelpfennig  Identity Verified
Local time: 07:38
English to German
Dec 11, 2004

I think that we have agreed that a web site is essential for our project.

We will need to:

- secure a domain name as soon as we have agreed upon a name for the project
- find server space / hosting, preferably with no costs involved (Henry has already told us that he is willing to do this for us)
- create multi-language content
- create / design the pages (I can create HTML-files myself, but I'm positive we can find more experienced people for this)... See more
I think that we have agreed that a web site is essential for our project.

We will need to:

- secure a domain name as soon as we have agreed upon a name for the project
- find server space / hosting, preferably with no costs involved (Henry has already told us that he is willing to do this for us)
- create multi-language content
- create / design the pages (I can create HTML-files myself, but I'm positive we can find more experienced people for this)
- link the web site to other sites in order to generate traffic from all the world; for example our own web site, Proz.com, and we will need the support of big search engines like Google and Yahoo

Many things to do. Let's start to sort them out here.

[Edited at 2004-12-11 13:29]
Collapse

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:38
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
My husband can help with the webpage Dec 11, 2004

Marion Schimmelpfennig wrote:

create / design the pages (I can create HTML-files myself, but I'm positive we can find more experienced people for this)

Hello Marion,
My husband can help with creating/designing the pages. All we have to do is tell him what we want and how we want it and he can do it right away. He has already creating several webpages, including mine as well (http://www.albaniantranslators.com). He just needs some ideas

link the web site to other sites in order to generate traffic from all the world; for example our own web site, Proz.com, and we will need the support of big search engines like Google and Yahoo

We can also ask everyone we know to add this link to their webpages

Monika

[Edited at 2004-12-11 15:24]

Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:38
English to Russian
+ ...
Mine too :) Dec 11, 2004

My husband is ready to help too.
You can view his website here - http://lemingdesign.com and his previous works - in Portfolio section.

***And it's a good idea to add a link to the project website to our own sites.

Andrea Lorca
Andrea Lorca  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 01:38
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
web page Dec 21, 2004

Dear Marion
I am also willing to help with the web page. I also have experience in web page design but we could divide the work.I can create some flash animations as a presentations for the site.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Advertising the project: website

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »