Thread poster: Marion Schimmelpfennig
Alice Hegrova
Alice Hegrova  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 02:31
Member (2005)
German to Czech
+ ...
Please feel free to contact me for any help related to Czech language. Mar 18, 2005

I'll be happy to help you with translations from German or English into Czech or with proofreading in Czech.
Alice

Alfa Trans (X)
Alfa Trans (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:31
English to Finnish
+ ...
English-Finnish translation May 8, 2005

I would like to help with the English into Finnish translation!

It's a great idea. If you need any help with my language pair I would love to help.

All the best,
Marju

Jake Estrada FCIL CL
Jake Estrada FCIL CL  Identity Verified
Philippines
Local time: 09:31
Member (2003)
English to Tagalog
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
count me in Jun 24, 2005

this is a good cause, it's nice to know that so many colleagues are willing to help.

I'm not sure how you could probably need translation from or into Tagalog, but just in case, I'll be happy to help you with EnglishTagalog.

If you wish to bring your campaign online then I could help you get a sponsor for your web hosting/domain.

Here in the Philippines I also try to help impoverished juvenile cancer patients through an organization called C-
... See more
this is a good cause, it's nice to know that so many colleagues are willing to help.

I'm not sure how you could probably need translation from or into Tagalog, but just in case, I'll be happy to help you with EnglishTagalog.

If you wish to bring your campaign online then I could help you get a sponsor for your web hosting/domain.

Here in the Philippines I also try to help impoverished juvenile cancer patients through an organization called C-Warriors. (http://www.c-warriors.org)
Collapse

hira
hira  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 07:01
Bengali to English
+ ...
Nothing like it. Aug 2, 2005

Dear Marion

Little drops of water make an ocean. I can surely lend my limited knowledge to supplement the ocean of altruism. Please count me for English into Bengali and Urdu.
S.N.Zaman
Delhi-53
India
Marion Schimmelpfennig wrote:

This post is not a sentimental pre-christmas thing: I'm an active member of a local animal shelter (http://www.procateuropa.de) and also regularly contribute time and/or money when people are in need. But of course, my resources are limited. I have been racking my brain for some time how my abilities as a translator could help people – kids especially. Tonight, a coverage on TV triggered an idea.

In this report, small kids in a Russian hospital who are treated for cancer showed the reporters what they have been drawing and writing. I bet that kids in similar situations – hungry, alone, ill, whatever – do similar things. Writing poems, letters, stories, drawing pictures. It goes without saying that these writings and drawings will probably be all very special and unique. Making a book out of these works and selling it all over the world could generate a huge amount of money for those kids. And here we translators come in: These works will have to be translated into many languages in order to publish the book in many languages. From Russian into English into German into Chinese into you name it. We should offer to do it for free, of course.

I know: This thing needs to be organized. We need contacts. A publisher. And many more things. But before I go any further, I'd like to know if there are people out there on Proz.com who would like to join me.

So, what do you think?

Lingua Port
Lingua Port
Local time: 09:31
English to Chinese
+ ...
Count me in... Aug 10, 2005

Count me in..
I can translate from English > Indonesian.
I don't have any idea of how to publish it, though but for the translation, I can handle it!

Aniello Scognamiglio (X)
Aniello Scognamiglio (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:31
English to German
+ ...
Outstanding idea! Oct 26, 2005

Dear Marion,

I am a bit late, but it is never too late to help poor children!!!

Kind regards,

Aniello

argaman
argaman
Local time: 04:31
English to Hebrew
+ ...
I'm in Jun 20, 2008

I don't know what's the status of the project at the moment, but in case it is required I will gladly help - English to Hebrew and Hebrew to English.

Julieta Hulgich
Julieta Hulgich
Local time: 22:31
Spanish to English
+ ...
You can count on me... Dec 3, 2010

I'm just entering the translation world and I'm willing to do as much as I can to help with this project.

I would be very happy to do the English-Spanish version.

Daniel Hill (X)
Daniel Hill (X)  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 22:31
French to English
I'd like to help to Jan 15, 2011

I'm also looking to get in the industry. I have helped non-profit organizations before (with labour, not translation) so I'm definitely in the frame of mind to help out. I can aid with any French->English translations that are needed.

neli_t
neli_t
Greek to Bulgarian
+ ...
Hello, Apr 29, 2013

happy to help from Russian to Bulgarian and Greek. Without any experience but passion for translation if someone want to work in team....

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6]

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How we translators can help children who need help badly

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »