Paula Dana Szabados
Paula Dana Szabados  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 02:08
Member (2005)
English to Romanian
+ ...
count me in Dec 8, 2004

I would like to help, count me in for English and French into Romanian.

Marion Schimmelpfennig
Marion Schimmelpfennig  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:08
English to German
TOPIC STARTER
exciting start! Dec 8, 2004

Dear all,

First off: thanks a million for all your offerings! I get the impression that we could actually pull this thing off!

So far, we have language pairs from English into many languages. What we will probably need most is language pairs that fit the languages of the kids out there. For example Russian, Spanish, Romanian, Chinese or Albanian into English, German, French or whatever.

If this turns out not to be possible, we will have to translate the tex
... See more
Dear all,

First off: thanks a million for all your offerings! I get the impression that we could actually pull this thing off!

So far, we have language pairs from English into many languages. What we will probably need most is language pairs that fit the languages of the kids out there. For example Russian, Spanish, Romanian, Chinese or Albanian into English, German, French or whatever.

If this turns out not to be possible, we will have to translate the texts first into English and then into the respective languages the book is going to be published. Not ideal, I know, but it could work.

I'm going to keep track of the language pair offerings in an excel spread sheet.

Meanwhile, I invite you to share your thoughts on this project. Any questions, comments, and ideas on how to approach this are welcome. Maybe some of you have contacts to or experience with aid agencies or publishing houses.

Keep the good ideas coming!
Collapse

Fortiter
Fortiter
French to Italian
+ ...
If interested in "odd" languages.... Dec 8, 2004

As other languages are already "served", count on me for English (or French, Spanish, Italian)>LATIN and/or English (or the above-mentioned languages)>ESPERANTO pairs, please.

Balaban Cerit
Balaban Cerit  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Member (2004)
English to Turkish
+ ...
great idea Dec 8, 2004

If there is need for any help in organization, in general promotional efforts or finding a publisher in Turkey, let me know.

kokonyei
kokonyei
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Count me in Dec 8, 2004

Dear Marion!

If you also need HUNGARIAN translation let me be your translator!
When the book is ready I'll try to contact with Hungarian child book publishers if needed.

Rita Kökönyei

Stendhal
Stendhal  Identity Verified
English to German
+ ...
Ich will auch mitmachen Dec 8, 2004

Hi Marion,

falls Du noch jemanden für Englisch-Deutsch brauchst - mail mich einfach an.

Fantastische Idee übrigens!

Natalia Eklund
Natalia Eklund  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
I would like to offer my assistance Dec 8, 2004

Though I have no actual book publication experience, I have created several 50-page guides, brochures, playbills and what not thathave been given out for free.

If you would like some assistance putting this kind of thing together, collecting translations, checking/correcting English, writing a foreward, etc.

Please let me know what I could do to help, I love opportunities to help people.

And congratulations on such a wonderful idea.

CMJ_Trans (X)
CMJ_Trans (X)
French to English
+ ...
another volunteer Dec 8, 2004

Only just seen this posting but what a good idea!
I work into English so I'm not sure what help I could be for actual translation but I also edit magazines and write editorials/articles (in English and French) and am an experienced proof-reader/re-reader/corrector.
I am also used to working with creative agencies and printers and might even be able to drum up some support on that front (no promises but I could try).
Just yell
Chris

Sonya Mountford-Jones
Sonya Mountford-Jones  Identity Verified
Local time: 00:08
French to English
+ ...
Would love to help too! Dec 8, 2004

This is a fantiastic idea, I hope we can all help to pull it off!

In the event that there is any Spanish, French into English translation required or if you need any help with proofreading/editing the translations into English just let me know.

Sonya

www.interlingual-translation-services.com

Ingrid Lovric
Ingrid Lovric
English to Croatian
+ ...
Me too! Dec 8, 2004

If you need any help in translating English to Croatian and/or Bosnian, I would love to help!

My best to all!

Ingrid

Monika Coulson
Monika Coulson  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:08
Member (2001)
English to Albanian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Happy to help Dec 8, 2004

Marion Schimmelpfennig wrote:

I would be happy to help with this project. I am a published translator and my native language is Albanian.

Monika

Aisha Maniar
Aisha Maniar  Identity Verified
Arabic to English
+ ...
If I can be of any help... Dec 8, 2004

Hello,
Yes, this is a great idea. I don't know if I can be of much help - language pairs Arabic/French-English - but I can also help with editing/proofreading English texts, which I have lots of experience of.
Let me know if I can be of help.
Cheers,
Aisha

Elizabeth Sumner
Elizabeth Sumner
Local time: 00:08
Russian to English
+ ...
Like to help Dec 9, 2004

Hi, I can do Russian - English if that's needed.

Elizabeth Sumner

Austra Muizniece
Austra Muizniece  Identity Verified
Latvia
English to Latvian
+ ...
Count me in Dec 9, 2004

for English - Latvian. Hope it works out...

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6] >

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

How we translators can help children who need help badly

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »