Off topic: What makes my day...
Thread poster: Baraa Ajaj (X)
Baraa Ajaj (X)
Baraa Ajaj (X)
Local time: 16:58
English
+ ...
Mar 22, 2011

... the most beautiful side of being a translator/interpreter is the look on my seven months baby angel when I try to translate for her a story (sadly i have to, because I can't find any children books in Arabic in Brisbane yet) and she smiles at me that angelic one-toothed smile... I've translated children books for so long... only looking at her and seeing the reward of my effort in her smile, just makes my day!!

I just thought about sharing this with all the fellow working trans
... See more
... the most beautiful side of being a translator/interpreter is the look on my seven months baby angel when I try to translate for her a story (sadly i have to, because I can't find any children books in Arabic in Brisbane yet) and she smiles at me that angelic one-toothed smile... I've translated children books for so long... only looking at her and seeing the reward of my effort in her smile, just makes my day!!

I just thought about sharing this with all the fellow working translators mums, knowing that some parts of the world celebrated Mothers day yesterday , March 21st...

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!
Collapse

David Wright
David Wright  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 08:58
German to English
+ ...
Mother's day???? Mar 22, 2011

Oh sh....! Thanks for the reminder

(it's a different day in Austria to the UK, but that has never been a good excuse with my mum!)

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:58
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
mother's day Mar 22, 2011

Mother's day is on the 3rd April in the UK this year, so you are still in time, David

I know the feeling though, in Spain it isn't until June, and I have to really organise myself to send a card out for the right date.

@ Bara'a: enjoy this wonderful year with your baby. They grow sooo quickly (mine have just overtaken me in height!).

Baraa Ajaj (X)
Baraa Ajaj (X)
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
is it that different? Mar 22, 2011

I did not realize how dates are different around the world!! thanks Richard and Emma!

Richard: It is easy for me to remember Mothers day in March since my mother's birthday is just two days earlier from that date, so I ALWAYS make notes and reminders from the beginning of the year so I don't end up forgetting both!

Baraa Ajaj (X)
Baraa Ajaj (X)
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
and about kids.... Mar 22, 2011

Emma, my daughter is growing so fast as you said they do!! she just surprises me with new stuff everyday, how beautiful it is to see the world through their innocent eyes

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

What makes my day...

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »