Resources for legal translation?
Thread poster: himavaris57 (X)
himavaris57 (X)
himavaris57 (X)
Austria
Oct 29, 2020

Good day! I am currently writing my dissertation for my bachelor begree in translation and interpretation studies, and I am at a loss on where to find some specific resources about the translation of legal codes. namely, I need to translate in english a few articles from the italian code of criminal law. are there any websites/books about the appropriate method/style to translate this kind of content? does a translation of the italian code of criminal law already exist? I was only able to find t... See more
Good day! I am currently writing my dissertation for my bachelor begree in translation and interpretation studies, and I am at a loss on where to find some specific resources about the translation of legal codes. namely, I need to translate in english a few articles from the italian code of criminal law. are there any websites/books about the appropriate method/style to translate this kind of content? does a translation of the italian code of criminal law already exist? I was only able to find the translation of the code of criminal procedure.

thanks to all that will take their time to answer!
Collapse

Diana Edmond
Diana Edmond
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:50
Member (2008)
Italian to Romanian
+ ...
Resource Oct 29, 2020

Here is a very good resource that could help you understand how to deal with legal texts in translation:

Alcarez, E. and B. Hughes (2014), Legal Translation Explained, London and New York, Routledge

I'm afraid I can't help you with any Italian-specific translation though.

Good luck!

[Edited at 2020-10-29 17:43 GMT]

Matthew McDonald

freezone (X)
freezone (X)
United Arab Emirates
Thank you for sharing this one Dec 15, 2020

Thank you for sharing this one

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Resources for legal translation?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »