Ania Heasley
Ania Heasley  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:29
English to Polish
+ ...
Oct 31, 2020

Hi everybody,

I have decided to post this here, because I am being bombarded with CVs of translators in all possible language combinations on a daily basis.
Please do not send me your CVs because my company is NOT LOOKING FOR ANY TRANSLATORS.

I had one small translation projects several years ago, but I am not going to need any translators ever again. I hope this helps.

Kind regards
Ania Heasley

Tom in London
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
expressisverbis
Dalia Nour
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei
Mervyn Henderson (X)
Fatine Echenique

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Ania Oct 31, 2020

We’re not alone! My inbox has been flooded with CVs every day since February/March (“side effects” of Covid?). We don’t outsource often and we work exclusively from and into Portuguese. I must say that not a single one of the hundreds emails received have even mentioned the Portuguese langua... See more
We’re not alone! My inbox has been flooded with CVs every day since February/March (“side effects” of Covid?). We don’t outsource often and we work exclusively from and into Portuguese. I must say that not a single one of the hundreds emails received have even mentioned the Portuguese language…
https://www.proz.com/forum/scams/346231-frequent_applications_with_cv_received_scam.html
https://www.proz.com/forum/business_issues/346130-writing_to_potential_direct_clients.html
Collapse

expressisverbis
Dalia Nour
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei
Angie Garbarino

jyuan_us
jyuan_us  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 17:29
Member (2005)
English to Chinese
+ ...
... Oct 31, 2020

I think all of these resumes were sent to you by a company from the Middle East. A particular company started years ago to harvest resumes from freelance translators, change the contact information on the resumes and send them to translation agencies. Nothing new. You just need to “spam” these emails.

Matthias Brombach
expressisverbis
Dalia Nour
Angie Garbarino
Lidija Klemencic

Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei  Identity Verified
Ghana
Japanese to English
Same here Nov 1, 2020

I posted one small job many years ago, now since the start of this year I've been bombarded by hundreds of CVs and cover letters. I started sending them to the Spam folder, so now most of them go there without me seeing them.

Dalia Nour

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Expert translators and proofreders Nov 1, 2020

Greetings Anais
So happy to hear you looking for Chinese translation service. We offer the translation and the proofreading all langages in top quality.
Global Linguistic Consultants Marketing Agency of Azerbaijan

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Viktoriia Horiachko
expressisverbis

Mervyn Henderson (X)
Mervyn Henderson (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:29
Spanish to English
+ ...
Translaters ... Nov 1, 2020

... shurely. Now, now, Chris, you kno you have a perfectley good-forum spesialy for this kind of thing, so please stop causing problem's on other's.

Christopher Schröder
Liviu-Lee Roth
expressisverbis
Arjan van den Berg

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:29
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
I delete more or less Nov 1, 2020

5 Cvs per day since at least 2007

expressisverbis

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Angie Nov 1, 2020

I delete much more than that. The amount of CVs I receive is extremely variable. Usually much more on Saturdays and Sundays (both scammers and legit translators have probably more time to spare during the weekend), today I’ve received 25 so far. The last one from Norwegian to Japanese…

P.S. To prove wrong my “weekend theory”, this morning between 9 and 11 am I’ve received 20 “applications”.

[Edited at 2020-11-02 11:44 GMT]

Angie Garbarino

Christopher Schröder
Christopher Schröder
United Kingdom
Member (2011)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Ania’s Poland Nov 2, 2020

I’ve been meaning to ask, what level of annexation are we talking in Ania’s Poland? Is it like Putin’s Crimea? Or more like Wayne's World?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ania's Poland is NOT looking for any translator in any language combination

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »