Ewa Olszowa
Ewa Olszowa  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 06:11
Polish to English
+ ...
Oct 30, 2015

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/able-cbc-investigates-1.3283950

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/10/29/translators-say-getting-paid-an-uphill-battle.html

Katherine Ness
Katherine Ness  Identity Verified
Canada
English to French
+ ...
Thanks Oct 30, 2015

Thank you for sharing,

Katherine

hamada Hamada

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 04:11
Dutch to English
+ ...
Good of you to share Oct 31, 2015

I stopped working for them a long time ago. There are many other agencies who would be happy to have you. Expand your horizons to other countries and other continents.

hamada Hamada

Roland Lelaj
Roland Lelaj
Canada
Member (2008)
English to Albanian
+ ...
Able Translations banned from posting on ProZ.com long time ago Nov 3, 2015

Hello,

Thank you for sharing with all of us.

Unfortunately, I am one of the Able victims and still waiting to be paid for my services rendered since January 2015.

Still, freelance translators and interpreters in Canada are left on their own to deal with any kind of unacceptable conditions. It is time that the Government of Canada and Ministry of Labour change things for this vulnerable part of the working class.

[Edited at 2015-
... See more
Hello,

Thank you for sharing with all of us.

Unfortunately, I am one of the Able victims and still waiting to be paid for my services rendered since January 2015.

Still, freelance translators and interpreters in Canada are left on their own to deal with any kind of unacceptable conditions. It is time that the Government of Canada and Ministry of Labour change things for this vulnerable part of the working class.

[Edited at 2015-11-04 13:47 GMT]
Collapse

Fabian Luttman
Fabian Luttman  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Able Translations Dec 10, 2018

Hello,
Has anybody tried to start a Class Action law suit against Able Translations?
I am another of their victims, and according to a lawyer I consulted, there is more than enough ground to start one...
Do you have any information about that?

Please let me know if you have been scammed by this company as well, and I will see what I can do about it.
Maybe going all together against them is the only way to take them down for good.

Thanks,
Fa
... See more
Hello,
Has anybody tried to start a Class Action law suit against Able Translations?
I am another of their victims, and according to a lawyer I consulted, there is more than enough ground to start one...
Do you have any information about that?

Please let me know if you have been scammed by this company as well, and I will see what I can do about it.
Maybe going all together against them is the only way to take them down for good.

Thanks,
Fabian
Collapse

Ewa Olszowa
Canada
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Contact Dec 10, 2018

Fabian, you may want to contact APLI Canada. Some time ago they were collecting info from affected persons for legal review. Good luck.

Maxi Schwarz
Maxi Schwarz  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:11
German to English
+ ...
Thank you Dec 11, 2018

That is important to know.

Ewa Olszowa
Canada
Polish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update Feb 16, 2019

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/able-translations-interpreters-lawsuits-cra-debt-1.5016014?fbclid=IwAR06J140sAfOiaGEFXBiGED9qRhIoOxT1bZVKa9QLw6GPZobHfBz0Vkr1Gc

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
NancyLynn[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

For consideration for Canadian translators and interpreters

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »