Have you got Your NAATI Certified Translator Stamp Yet?
Thread poster: Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann
Dylan J Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

Jan 15, 2018

I successfully transitioned to NAATI Certified Translator status today, but don't know what to do about stamping translations. Should we continue to use our 'Accredited' stamp?

The letter that I received states that, "You will be issued a Translator Stamp if you requested this on the application". How long will this take?

Have you got your certified translator stamp yet? What do you suggest?

The FAQs on the NAATI site aren't very useful regarding this.... See more
I successfully transitioned to NAATI Certified Translator status today, but don't know what to do about stamping translations. Should we continue to use our 'Accredited' stamp?

The letter that I received states that, "You will be issued a Translator Stamp if you requested this on the application". How long will this take?

Have you got your certified translator stamp yet? What do you suggest?

The FAQs on the NAATI site aren't very useful regarding this.

Thanks!

Dylan

[Edited at 2018-01-15 06:19 GMT]
Collapse

Vanda Nissen
Vanda Nissen  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 04:29
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
Your Queensland branch Jan 15, 2018

Hi Dylan,

I would suggest contacting your local AUSIT branch for any similar queries - I think they are better suited for that.

If you have transitioned to Certified Translator status today, it may take a few weeks before you receive your stamp. I would suggest using your accreditation note until then.

I hope it helps.

Kind regards,

Vanda

Dylan J Hartmann
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Use your old stamp in the time-being Jan 17, 2018

I ended up calling NAATI and they said it's okay to continue using the 'accredited translator' stamp while waiting for the 'certified translator' stamp in the mail.

Maddison Norris
Maddison Norris  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 04:59
Chinese to English
Still using my old stamp Sep 16, 2018

I've had some issues with my new stamp being delivered to my old address so they (NAATI) told me it is fine to use my accreditation stamp as it is still technically valid until the date it has on it.

Natasha Ziada (X)
Natasha Ziada (X)  Identity Verified
Australia
English to Dutch
+ ...
New stamp - inking issues Sep 17, 2018

As I only obtained certification quite recently, I was issued the certified stamp straightaway. I've only had to use it once so far, but I'm finding the quality quite bad! The ink comes up quite faint and inconsistent and doesn't look very professional in my opinion. I have emailed NAATI Qld about this but they are taking some time in getting back to me. Has anyone else had this experience? Any tips? I've tried using different surfaces but, as I need it to be right the first time when stamping o... See more
As I only obtained certification quite recently, I was issued the certified stamp straightaway. I've only had to use it once so far, but I'm finding the quality quite bad! The ink comes up quite faint and inconsistent and doesn't look very professional in my opinion. I have emailed NAATI Qld about this but they are taking some time in getting back to me. Has anyone else had this experience? Any tips? I've tried using different surfaces but, as I need it to be right the first time when stamping official documents, there's not a lot of room for playing around.Collapse

Natasha Ziada (X)
Australia
English to Dutch
+ ...
Oops - old topic Sep 17, 2018

Sorry for reviving this ghost, I just noticed this thread is almost 9 months old My issue with the stamp still stands though - assuming that by now most people will have received and used their Certified stamp, has anyone else had this experience?

Dylan J Hartmann
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
A fix! Sep 17, 2018

I also found that when I stamped a single sheet of paper, the quality was not very good.

When there were multiple sheets in a stack, the stamps came out beautifully!

In the end, I went out and got this desk mat (tax-deductible!) and stamps come out great.

IMG_6309

Natasha Ziada (X)

Natasha Ziada (X)
Australia
English to Dutch
+ ...
Thanks for the tip Sep 17, 2018

Inspired by your desk mat I tried my mouse mat, it was slightly better but I'm still not quite happy with the quality. It's just inconsistent with thin and broken lines and I don't like the look of it on an official document. Maybe I got a dud.

Dylan J Hartmann
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Sample Sep 17, 2018

It ends up looking like this after a firm stamp down:

IMG_6310

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Anna Herbst[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Have you got Your NAATI Certified Translator Stamp Yet?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »