Amelie Faye (X)
Amelie Faye (X)
Canada
Local time: 22:40
English to French
+ ...
Oct 27, 2015

Hello,
I have been in Australia for almost a year now and will stay one more year as I am on a working holiday visa. I wanted to find a job in a translation agency, not as a translator, but as part of a team in project management. I really would like to get experience here in Australia before coming back to France.
I have studied translation project management in France and worked for six months for a translation agency as an intern, so I have a bit of experience in this area. But I
... See more
Hello,
I have been in Australia for almost a year now and will stay one more year as I am on a working holiday visa. I wanted to find a job in a translation agency, not as a translator, but as part of a team in project management. I really would like to get experience here in Australia before coming back to France.
I have studied translation project management in France and worked for six months for a translation agency as an intern, so I have a bit of experience in this area. But I haven't been able to find any add for this kind of job. Even when I look for "Translation Project manager" google doesn't show me any good results.
I don't know about the needs for project manager in Australia and unfortunately I haven't met anyone working in translation to discuss it.

So I am wondering if I have any chance to find a job in a translation agency in Australia ? or if it's a very closed ? and what would be the best way to look for one ?

Thank you,
Regards,
Amelie
Collapse

Patricia Will
Patricia Will  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 12:40
Member (2004)
German to English
Work: Translation Project Management Oct 27, 2015

Hi Amelie, I do not think there are a lot of really big translation agencies here in Australia so it doesn't surprise me that you haven't seen any job ads for project managers for translation agencies. If you email me privately I might be able to make a few suggestions about companies to contact.
Regards
Trish
[email protected]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Anna Herbst[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Work : Translation Project Management

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »