Only Corporate members may post in this forum

How do translation companies meet clients?
Thread poster: AzzTranslati (X)
AzzTranslati (X)
AzzTranslati (X)  Identity Verified
Malta
Mar 19, 2013

Dear All Project Managers ,

I have been thinking about the Translation Industry in whole as a process. To start off, I am quite new to the business and seeing that most professional translators get their jobs from this (PROZ) website, then from where do the agencies get/bid for translation work/clients?

I have worked for several years as a freelancer for agencies, but I do wonder how for example a Japanese agency has clients from Poland. The main question is, how do the
... See more
Dear All Project Managers ,

I have been thinking about the Translation Industry in whole as a process. To start off, I am quite new to the business and seeing that most professional translators get their jobs from this (PROZ) website, then from where do the agencies get/bid for translation work/clients?

I have worked for several years as a freelancer for agencies, but I do wonder how for example a Japanese agency has clients from Poland. The main question is, how do they manage to get new long-term clients, and from where do they manage to get new clients?

Your answers are much appreciated for this topic.

Best Regards,

Adam
Collapse

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 21:01
SITE FOUNDER
One place Mar 20, 2013

Hi Adam,

I don't know much about how translation companies meet their clients in general. I can say that some number of translation companies meet some number of clients through the corporate directory on this site. About 500 people search that per day. I have been told by owners of a few reasonably sized companies that they have grown the majority of their clientele through ProZ.com.

Abdikhani Mohamed

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do translation companies meet clients?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »