Only Corporate members may post in this forum

What is the characters limit for sample texts in job postings?
Thread poster: Mirelluk
Mirelluk
Mirelluk  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:04
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 1, 2010

When I happen to post a translation job I try to insert a reasonable chunk of text to give as much information as possibile on the content and I often have to reduce it to a very short sample. It would be helpful to have an indication of how many characters are allowed, next to the window "Sample text".
Has any of you had a similar experience? Do you feel this info would help when posting?

Many thanks in advance for your contributions on this topic.

Kind regards,<
... See more
When I happen to post a translation job I try to insert a reasonable chunk of text to give as much information as possibile on the content and I often have to reduce it to a very short sample. It would be helpful to have an indication of how many characters are allowed, next to the window "Sample text".
Has any of you had a similar experience? Do you feel this info would help when posting?

Many thanks in advance for your contributions on this topic.

Kind regards,
Mirella
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Sample text field has a 500 characters limit Jun 1, 2010

Hi Mirella,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The sample text field in job postings has a 500 characters limit. I will see that this is clarified in the job posting form.

Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

Lucia

Mirelluk
Mirelluk  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:04
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jun 1, 2010

Very well.
Thanks and by for now.
Mirella

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is the characters limit for sample texts in job postings?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »