Thread poster: Heike Reagan
Heike Reagan
Heike Reagan  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:34
German to English
Oct 2, 2013

Hello all,
I have an existing client that now would like me to translate and edit in SDLXLIFF or INX files. I usually use WordFast Pro 3.2.0 for most translations. I opened the xliff file up in WordFast Pro and it displayed with both languages in the source language column, the target language column was empty.

After some research I downloaded a trial version of Swordfish, the same thing happened - both languages displayed in the source language column, target language column
... See more
Hello all,
I have an existing client that now would like me to translate and edit in SDLXLIFF or INX files. I usually use WordFast Pro 3.2.0 for most translations. I opened the xliff file up in WordFast Pro and it displayed with both languages in the source language column, the target language column was empty.

After some research I downloaded a trial version of Swordfish, the same thing happened - both languages displayed in the source language column, target language column is empty.

The client then sent me a .inx file, same thing happened in WF Pro and in Swordfish.

Does Swordfish not handle two-language xliff/inx files? Do I need to change a setting to get it to work?
Collapse

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:34
English to Spanish
Swordfish works with bilingual XLIFF files Oct 2, 2013

Hi,

Swordfish works with bilingual XLIFF files. If you don't see anything in the target side, that means that you have not entered a translation yet.

When you convert an SDLXLIFF file to XLIFF, if it has translations in target they are ported to the target side of the XLIFF document.

INX files are monolingual. When you convert them to XLIFF you only get the source text and must enter the translation in target either typing or recovering from a TM.
... See more
Hi,

Swordfish works with bilingual XLIFF files. If you don't see anything in the target side, that means that you have not entered a translation yet.

When you convert an SDLXLIFF file to XLIFF, if it has translations in target they are ported to the target side of the XLIFF document.

INX files are monolingual. When you convert them to XLIFF you only get the source text and must enter the translation in target either typing or recovering from a TM.

Regards,
Rodolfo
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

.inx and sdlxliff displays as a single language file

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »