Thread poster: Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Dec 7, 2012

Hi there!

I am using Swordfish as a converter from TXML to XLIFF, which I process in another tool (DVX2). Reopening the translated XLIFF file in Swordfish goes without any problems, but I cannot convert it back to the original format. An undefined error message appears. This only seems to happen when the XLIFF file leaves Swordfish. Anything I am doing wrong or anything I can do about that?

TIA
Wolfgang

[Edited at 2012-12-07 18:54 GMT]

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:56
English to Spanish
Validate the XLIFF before converting back Dec 7, 2012

Use XLIFFChecker, included with Swordfish as plugin, to make sure the file you are converting back is OK.

You can also use the options in QA menu to make sure that the translations are fine.

There is a simple test you can do to discard problems in Swordfish side: convert the TXML to XLIFF using Swordfish; use the pseudo-translate all segments option from Tasks menu to populate all segments; approve all segments; save and convert back to TXML. If everything goes well, t
... See more
Use XLIFFChecker, included with Swordfish as plugin, to make sure the file you are converting back is OK.

You can also use the options in QA menu to make sure that the translations are fine.

There is a simple test you can do to discard problems in Swordfish side: convert the TXML to XLIFF using Swordfish; use the pseudo-translate all segments option from Tasks menu to populate all segments; approve all segments; save and convert back to TXML. If everything goes well, then DVX2 is introducing problems in the XLIFF file.

Regards,
Rodolfo
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TXML->XLIFF->processed in another tool ->back to TXML goes wrong

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »