Milos Prudek
Milos Prudek  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 10:05
English to Czech
+ ...
May 9, 2011

Hi,

I am evaluating Swordfish 2.0.6. When I press Ctrl- numkeypad 1 to insert a tag, no tag is inserted. Only the normal, top line keys work with Ctrl-1. Numpad keys do not work. I much prefer numpad to top line (because Czech keyboard requires me to press Shift to get numbers there).

Does anyone else also have this problem, especially on Linux?

Rodolfo Raya
Rodolfo Raya  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:05
English to Spanish
Keyboard definitions May 9, 2011

Use the numbers at the top of the keyboard or make sure your numeric keypad is sending the code that corresponds to "1" when you press that key.

Notice that the actual key code sent by the main keyboard may be different from the key code sent by the numeric keypad.

On Linux you can change the codes assiged to each key at will using the system provided tools. Linux promotes customization as a big advantage but, in my personal opinion, the defaults shipped by most distr
... See more
Use the numbers at the top of the keyboard or make sure your numeric keypad is sending the code that corresponds to "1" when you press that key.

Notice that the actual key code sent by the main keyboard may be different from the key code sent by the numeric keypad.

On Linux you can change the codes assiged to each key at will using the system provided tools. Linux promotes customization as a big advantage but, in my personal opinion, the defaults shipped by most distributions are lame.

Regards,
Rodolfo
Collapse

Milos Prudek
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Anyone? May 9, 2011

I was asking if anyone else has this problem or if I am really the only one.

On Linux you can change the codes assiged to each key at will using the system provided tools.

If this were possible on a per application basis, i.e. to change it for Swordfish only, it might solve this problem. A system-wide change is less desirable. Could you tell me the names of these tools you mentioned?

Milos Prudek
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Workaround May 13, 2011

Tested workaround:
Create a file called ~/.Xmodmap:
!
! remap Numpad to standard numeric keys
!
keycode 63 = asterisk
keycode 79 = 7
keycode 80 = 8
keycode 81 = 9
keycode 82 = minus
keycode 83 = 4
keycode 84 = 5
keycode 85 = 6
keycode 86 = plus
keycode 87 = 1
keycode 88 = 2
keycode 89 = 3
keycode 90 = 0
keycode 91 = period period comma comma
keycode 104 = Return
k
... See more
Tested workaround:
Create a file called ~/.Xmodmap:
!
! remap Numpad to standard numeric keys
!
keycode 63 = asterisk
keycode 79 = 7
keycode 80 = 8
keycode 81 = 9
keycode 82 = minus
keycode 83 = 4
keycode 84 = 5
keycode 85 = 6
keycode 86 = plus
keycode 87 = 1
keycode 88 = 2
keycode 89 = 3
keycode 90 = 0
keycode 91 = period period comma comma
keycode 104 = Return
keycode 106 = slash
keycode 125 = equal

Gnome ought to autorecognize this and apply system-wide. It can also be called manually before starting Swordfish like this:

xmodmap ~/.Xmodmap
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Ctrl-1 fails to insert tag

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »