ISO a great course on Subtitling.
Thread poster: Robin Ragan
Robin Ragan
Robin Ragan  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 24, 2020

I have toyed around with subtitles on Youtube videos and enjoy it. However, I'd like to take a course that covers the basics.
Has anyone taken a course they really like (online or traditional)? There are so many out there. I'd like some recommendations.

Ayumi Anraku

Becca Resnik
Becca Resnik  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:53
German to English
+ ...
I'm guessing you're referring to the technology? Apr 26, 2020

rragan wrote:

I have toyed around with subtitles on Youtube videos and enjoy it. However, I'd like to take a course that covers the basics.
Has anyone taken a course they really like (online or traditional)? There are so many out there. I'd like some recommendations.

I'm assuming you want to learn more of the technical side of it, like how to use the different software programs available or something? In the event that you're not, I can at least say that Subtitling by Jan Ivarsson and Mary Carroll is a great read about the translation side of subtitling. It's a short book and extremely hard to come by, but I honestly found every bit of it to be interesting and informative.

Robin Ragan
Robin Ragan  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
course/ book Apr 26, 2020

Yes, I'd like to take a course to cover the technical side, or one that might also include language specific considerations.
Thanks for the book suggestion. You're right...it's impossible to find anywhere online

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ISO a great course on Subtitling.

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »