FedericaPalm (X)
FedericaPalm (X)
Belgium
Local time: 10:36
French to Italian
+ ...
Apr 20, 2012

Hello!
I have a question about subtitle workshop- I have the subtitles of a movie, but they are in two files (part 1 and part 2) and I'd like to combine them in one only file...do you know how I could do?
thank you !!
Federica

Robert Tucker (X)
Robert Tucker (X)
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:36
German to English
+ ...
Joining subtitles Apr 20, 2012

I haven't used Subtitle Workshop, but joining two files or more with it seems to be described here:

http://beans.seartipy.com/2007/10/08/how-to-join-or-split-video-subtitle-files-using-subtitle-workshop/

José Henrique Lamensdorf
José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 06:36
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In memoriam
Possibilities... Apr 20, 2012

If the subtitles are time-spotted for ONE video file, Robert's suggestion should work.

However if they were spotted for two separate parts, and then Part 1 and Part 2 have been e-spliced together, subtitles for Part 2 would start at 0.

In this second case, you should know exactly the time where the splice occurred. Then, after having used Robert's suggestion, using SW, select all Part 2 subtitles from the first to the last, but only those in Part 2, and use Edit | Timin
... See more
If the subtitles are time-spotted for ONE video file, Robert's suggestion should work.

However if they were spotted for two separate parts, and then Part 1 and Part 2 have been e-spliced together, subtitles for Part 2 would start at 0.

In this second case, you should know exactly the time where the splice occurred. Then, after having used Robert's suggestion, using SW, select all Part 2 subtitles from the first to the last, but only those in Part 2, and use Edit | Timings | Set delay (or simply Ctrl+D), and add that time with a posive sign (+) selected. This should do the trick.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

joining subtitles

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »