Help with Subtitle workshop 4.0
Thread poster: Kuria Kay
Kuria Kay
Kuria Kay
Local time: 17:27
Nov 9, 2011

Hello everyone,
Just got my first job and I used subtitle workshop 4 to do the subs, my client wants the job delivered in the format .890, .SCC and .PAC
Can I be able to create that extension in subtitle workshop 4 and will my client successfully access using his software with the same flow and arrangement like I created?

I also noticed that workshop 4 puts a particular sign”|” to show that it’s a line break to separate the text in two separate lines example (The
... See more
Hello everyone,
Just got my first job and I used subtitle workshop 4 to do the subs, my client wants the job delivered in the format .890, .SCC and .PAC
Can I be able to create that extension in subtitle workshop 4 and will my client successfully access using his software with the same flow and arrangement like I created?

I also noticed that workshop 4 puts a particular sign”|” to show that it’s a line break to separate the text in two separate lines example (The yellow Fox jumped over the| steep hill and came back)

Will the subs in the completed saved work show that sign or will it show as two separate lines?

Is there any other freeware i can use for such work?

URGENTLY NEED HELP!!
Collapse

Margarita Díaz
Margarita Díaz  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:27
French to Spanish
+ ...
Subtitle Workshop Nov 9, 2011

Hi, Kuria.

I am not an expert in Subtitle Workshop, but I have used it, and, as far as I know, it can't export those formats you need. For my experience, only professional software would do the trick. Sorry.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with Subtitle workshop 4.0

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »