Sophie Borel
Sophie Borel  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:15
English to French
+ ...
Jul 4, 2011

Dear all,

A French videomaker proposed me to translate the French subtitles of some English interviews that are part of one his videos. He told me that to do so, I need some specific certification/assermentation... Do you know something about that? Thank you for any information you can give me about this requirement.

Best regards,

Diana Battaglio
Diana Battaglio  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:15
English to Italian
+ ...
Non-disclosure agreement Jul 4, 2011

Hello Sophie,

in such cases the owner of the video might ask you to sign a non-disclosure agreement, in which you agree not to disclose information about the content. Is that what you mean?

Henry Hinds
Henry Hinds  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 20:15
English to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Ask... Jul 4, 2011

Ask the French videomaker; only he knows what his requirements are, we here in the crowd have no idea.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Certification for subtitle translation

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »