Working with PAC-files - any freeware available?
Thread poster: Viivi
Viivi
Viivi
Finland
Local time: 08:44
Mar 4, 2011

Apparently one can work on pac-files with the freeware Titlevision TV2003 Edit, with which you can work on translation, not spotting (=timing). You can download it here: http://www.titlevision.com/eng_download.htm#edit Does anybody have any experiences they would like to share? Any compatibility problems, crashing or the like?

Are there any other free/inexpensive subtitling s
... See more
Apparently one can work on pac-files with the freeware Titlevision TV2003 Edit, with which you can work on translation, not spotting (=timing). You can download it here: http://www.titlevision.com/eng_download.htm#edit Does anybody have any experiences they would like to share? Any compatibility problems, crashing or the like?

Are there any other free/inexpensive subtitling softwares that support pac and allow you to work on translation and/or spotting?
Collapse

Thierry Renon
Thierry Renon  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 07:44
Member (2005)
English to French
+ ...
There's no such thing as a free lunch... Mar 4, 2011

Hi Viivi,

All the free ones I've tried so far can't actually handle .PAC files (or other common subtitling formats).

I sometimes use Poliscript :

http://www.screen.subtitling.com/index.asp?PageID=118

Which is quite good, and they have a "Pay as you go" plan which works out quite cheap. You still have to take that into account in yo
... See more
Hi Viivi,

All the free ones I've tried so far can't actually handle .PAC files (or other common subtitling formats).

I sometimes use Poliscript :

http://www.screen.subtitling.com/index.asp?PageID=118

Which is quite good, and they have a "Pay as you go" plan which works out quite cheap. You still have to take that into account in your final pricing.

I think there are also online subtitling software with a similar "pay as you go" system.

Good luck with your project!

Thierry
Collapse

Viivi
Viivi
Finland
Local time: 08:44
TOPIC STARTER
How to check the video? May 24, 2011

Hi again and sorry for my delayed response.

I have managed to work on pac-files with Titlevision Editor with no problems. However, the free Editor version provides no video feed, so I need some advice on how to check the translation on the video.

Any other software for that? In what format should I save the translation and in what format do I need the video to be? Titlevision Editor reads and writes pac, rac, 890, and text files, but I am willing to try others as
... See more
Hi again and sorry for my delayed response.

I have managed to work on pac-files with Titlevision Editor with no problems. However, the free Editor version provides no video feed, so I need some advice on how to check the translation on the video.

Any other software for that? In what format should I save the translation and in what format do I need the video to be? Titlevision Editor reads and writes pac, rac, 890, and text files, but I am willing to try others as well.
Collapse

Alexandra Karanikolou
Alexandra Karanikolou
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:44
English to Greek
You should save your subtitles in SRT Jun 12, 2011

Tittlevision supports exporting your subtitles in SRT format. Then you can view and edit them in Subtitle Workshop.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Working with PAC-files - any freeware available?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »