Thread poster: Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:58
German to French
+ ...
Oct 6, 2007

Some coffee and croissants for breakfast ? The typical French breakfast - since it's morning here !
( http://www.medisite.fr/medisite/local/cache-vignettes/L250xH196/cafe_croissant-6a9ab.jpg )

So guys, tell us - what's the typical breakfast in your country ? Don't hesitate to post images and tell us about your breakfast habits and
... See more
Some coffee and croissants for breakfast ? The typical French breakfast - since it's morning here !
( http://www.medisite.fr/medisite/local/cache-vignettes/L250xH196/cafe_croissant-6a9ab.jpg )

So guys, tell us - what's the typical breakfast in your country ? Don't hesitate to post images and tell us about your breakfast habits and traditions !

CheerZ from sunny south of France,

Anne
Collapse

Sandra Macías Sigler (X)
Sandra Macías Sigler (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:58
French to Spanish
+ ...
Interchange of traductions Oct 7, 2007

Hi! Anne,

I felt very happy by your new responsibility in the site. You are ones the best active student member. Good luck!!

Well, In Cuba we have as breakfast bread with butter and coffe milk . Some people likes the juice but the most important thing each morning is a cup of coffe very strong and hot. I love the coffee but as "cortadito", with a little milk. Humm! it's delicious.

Now, I would like to propose an idea for the interchange among the st
... See more
Hi! Anne,

I felt very happy by your new responsibility in the site. You are ones the best active student member. Good luck!!

Well, In Cuba we have as breakfast bread with butter and coffe milk . Some people likes the juice but the most important thing each morning is a cup of coffe very strong and hot. I love the coffee but as "cortadito", with a little milk. Humm! it's delicious.

Now, I would like to propose an idea for the interchange among the students having as objetive practicing. To create a space where we could find a volunteer who check any traduction and in return we would check theirs works in the opposite pair. Par exemple: a dialogue box which says: checking from french to spanish and I enter my name. in another one: cheking from spanish to french and If I need I could get any volonteer.
I think that would be a good way to know the student each others and to get more practicing.
Collapse

Soledad Azcona
Soledad Azcona  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Spanish
+ ...
Breakfast and good ideas Oct 7, 2007

Part 1: Food first

Mhhh breakfast! On Sundays, I give myself a treat and prepare succulent breakfasts to have in bed, while catching up on a book or watching a movie from beneath the sheets. I use everything I have: fruit, coffee or tea, milk, biscuits, bread, jam, honey, ham, cheese and...well...I like food, you know. That is a special moment of the week, specially when shared...
See more
Part 1: Food first

Mhhh breakfast! On Sundays, I give myself a treat and prepare succulent breakfasts to have in bed, while catching up on a book or watching a movie from beneath the sheets. I use everything I have: fruit, coffee or tea, milk, biscuits, bread, jam, honey, ham, cheese and...well...I like food, you know. That is a special moment of the week, specially when shared.
The rest of the days, I have something smaller, and always "mate". A very typical drink here that you drink with friends. Here there's a link, for those who are not familiar with our beloved "Mate": http://www.mateargentino.com.ar

Part 2: First shot

Sandra, querida amiga cubana! It's always nice to hear from you. Always with great ideas and a warmth that transcends the screen. I like what you propose, and I will start a new thread ( http://www.proz.com/topic/85964 ) quoting you, so that StudentZ can share ideas on this, and say what they would like in such an area and how.

Well, girlZ and boyZ. Hope to see you around in the Pub!
Order anything you want...it's on the house!

S
Collapse

Yamato (X)
Yamato (X)
Bulgaria
Local time: 20:58
Russian to Spanish
+ ...
breakfast? Oct 19, 2007

I would say breakfast in Spain is pretty much like in Cuba, nothing to add.

I would like to dispel, however, any stereotypes you might had about Spain: we don't have "Carajillo" for breakfast, that is, black cofee with some strong alcohol in it.
They asked me soooo many times! xDD

As for me, in Russia and doing the single life, I eat what is at hand in the morning. Tea is the only think I drink every morning, strong, black Russian tea...
See more
I would say breakfast in Spain is pretty much like in Cuba, nothing to add.

I would like to dispel, however, any stereotypes you might had about Spain: we don't have "Carajillo" for breakfast, that is, black cofee with some strong alcohol in it.
They asked me soooo many times! xDD

As for me, in Russia and doing the single life, I eat what is at hand in the morning. Tea is the only think I drink every morning, strong, black Russian tea
Collapse

plotka
plotka  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
breakfast in Poland Jan 26, 2008

Breakfast in my country (traditional): either black tea with or without lemon or coffee (black or white), white bread (the most important item in Poland) always with butter and cold cuts or cheese (sometimes with slices of tomato or cucumber on) , cottage cheese or jam.
As you see nothing extraordinary. Noone in my country would eat fruit for breakfast but many children eat milk with flakes.

Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yummy ! Feb 2, 2008

Hi plotka !
Thanks for your post !

"cold cuts or cheese (sometimes with slices of tomato or cucumber on)"
Yeah, I remember that when I was staying in Cracow - the breakfast buffet at the hotel was amazing and totally yummy !

CheerZ,
Anne

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

May I offer you....?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »