Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:45
German to French
+ ...
Oct 8, 2007

Hi guys !
What's your favorite TV-show/series ? If they aren't known worldwide, tell us a bit more about it, it's always great to discover Tv from all over the world !
Well, I watch a lot of US shows (they are quite successful in France) like The Experts, Lost, Desperate Housewives, Smallville - I love Grey's Anatomy ! We have loads of French TV-shows as well, like e.g. one of my favorite is Kaamelott, it's a parody of the Legend of King Arthur and the Holy Grail. Very funny !
... See more
Hi guys !
What's your favorite TV-show/series ? If they aren't known worldwide, tell us a bit more about it, it's always great to discover Tv from all over the world !
Well, I watch a lot of US shows (they are quite successful in France) like The Experts, Lost, Desperate Housewives, Smallville - I love Grey's Anatomy ! We have loads of French TV-shows as well, like e.g. one of my favorite is Kaamelott, it's a parody of the Legend of King Arthur and the Holy Grail. Very funny !

Looking forward to read you !

CheerZ,
Anne
Collapse

ARIANNA PEREZ
ARIANNA PEREZ
Local time: 02:45
English to Spanish
HI!! Oct 9, 2007

Well, I'm a super fan of LOST!!! jajaja I love this show, here in Mexico there's a channel where you can watch it in Spanish, but I prefer to watch it in AXN channel.

I watch it every monday at 9:00 o' clock. And before 9:00 I stop doing everything jajaja... because I don't like to miss
anything. crazy ah? jajaja

Well, see you all!!
Arianna

Aurélie Charvet
Aurélie Charvet  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
I'm a TV show freak too! Oct 9, 2007

Well, I'm sorry to say that's how I learned most of my English! I'm a huge fan of Grey's Anatomy and the Office (US version, certainly worth a try cause it's so funny!) I also watch Heroes, Desperate Housewives, Lost, Prison Break and I have a weakness for the silly teenage series That 70s show! I don't even know where I find the time to watch all that... Well, it's part of my homework right?

S_Angel (X)
S_Angel (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
Serials-addict!! Oct 21, 2007

Aurélie Charvet wrote:
Well, I'm sorry to say that's how I learned most of my English!

Don't be sorry, I think that's how many of us learned and improved their English! I think it's a fast and fun way to get to know some real, modern language and also cultural aspects if you don't have the chance to go and spend some time abroad.
Personally, I love "Gilmore Girls", "Brothers and Sisters"; "Charmed", "Friends", "Emergency Room"... just American shows as you can see, I really think they're the best! (even if I also saw some German shows lately that were quite interesting)

See you around!!

Francisca_
Francisca_

Dutch to English
+ ...
shows Oct 24, 2007

I love Curb Your Enthusiasm and Seinfeld, and aside from that The Colbert Report is something I cannot miss. I'm not sure, but I think I might be in love with Stephen Colbert...
I also love the Daily show, and tons of English shows, not only the sitcoms such as My Family, Fawlty Towers etc, but also the more informative shows such as Panorama, and I'm a bit embarassed to admit to loving Eastenders as well.
It's mainly English/American shows I watch, but I also love watching shows tha
... See more
I love Curb Your Enthusiasm and Seinfeld, and aside from that The Colbert Report is something I cannot miss. I'm not sure, but I think I might be in love with Stephen Colbert...
I also love the Daily show, and tons of English shows, not only the sitcoms such as My Family, Fawlty Towers etc, but also the more informative shows such as Panorama, and I'm a bit embarassed to admit to loving Eastenders as well.
It's mainly English/American shows I watch, but I also love watching shows that are dubbed in German. Mainly cartoons such as Family Guy, South Park, Drawn Together; they're funny in their original language, but the German just adds something extra to it.
Collapse

Kaltya
Kaltya  Identity Verified
Germany
English to Spanish
+ ...
My top 5 TV show serie Nov 29, 2007

I absolutely love Futurama, Family guy, CSI, Grey's Anatomy...

How amazing it is that I do not include any of the Spanish ones...I find them quite poor... Anyone likes them? or Have you ever seen Spanish TV-Series?
Internationally speaking I also love the German "Berlin, Berlin". As a child I loved the Austrian "Rex"...and of course Japanese ones like "Ramma"... I love cartoons in general...

I don't know why but I tend to like TV-Series with medical content...cau
... See more
I absolutely love Futurama, Family guy, CSI, Grey's Anatomy...

How amazing it is that I do not include any of the Spanish ones...I find them quite poor... Anyone likes them? or Have you ever seen Spanish TV-Series?
Internationally speaking I also love the German "Berlin, Berlin". As a child I loved the Austrian "Rex"...and of course Japanese ones like "Ramma"... I love cartoons in general...

I don't know why but I tend to like TV-Series with medical content...cause I also loved UR...

bsos
Collapse

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Reeeeeex ! Nov 29, 2007

Kaltya wrote:

As a child I loved the Austrian "Rex"...

Hi Kaltya !

So did I when I lived in Austria - I was totally in love with Tobias Moretti -and Rex of course.
And you know what ? It has been translated into French and plays every afternoon on French TV ! How great is that ???
In case you're interested, the German version is available on DVD - you can find it e.g. on Amazon Autria... (just in case)

CheerZ Girl,

Anne

Sylvy Notermans
Sylvy Notermans  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:45
English to Dutch
+ ...
TV shows Dec 10, 2007

I'm a big TV show fan! I love so many

A list of the ones I used to follow (though to be honest, I wouldn't have time to do anything else so a lot of them I've seen on DVD mostly later on)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Friends
Gilmore Girls
Curb your Enthusiasm
Keeping up Appearances
Men Behaving Badly
ER
... See more
I'm a big TV show fan! I love so many

A list of the ones I used to follow (though to be honest, I wouldn't have time to do anything else so a lot of them I've seen on DVD mostly later on)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Friends
Gilmore Girls
Curb your Enthusiasm
Keeping up Appearances
Men Behaving Badly
ER
70s Show
The Office (the BRITISH one!)
Extras
Dharma & Greg...

...and so on, and so on...
Collapse

Iulia Dromereschi
Iulia Dromereschi  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 11:45
Member (2007)
French to Romanian
+ ...
Addiction :) Dec 12, 2007

Well, apart from being a huge fan of BBC series and mini-series (like Horation Hornblower, Jane Eyre, and many others), and from religiously following HBO's Rome, I also enjoy watching a bunch of US-based shows. I'll name just a couple:

-House M.D.
-Prison Break
-Veronica Mars
-Heroes
-Gilmore Girls
-Gossip Girl
-Moonlight
-Blood Ties
-CSI: NY
... and so on. I'll also add some Hallmark shows/minis, like Mi
... See more
Well, apart from being a huge fan of BBC series and mini-series (like Horation Hornblower, Jane Eyre, and many others), and from religiously following HBO's Rome, I also enjoy watching a bunch of US-based shows. I'll name just a couple:

-House M.D.
-Prison Break
-Veronica Mars
-Heroes
-Gilmore Girls
-Gossip Girl
-Moonlight
-Blood Ties
-CSI: NY
... and so on. I'll also add some Hallmark shows/minis, like Midsomer Murders and Crossing Jordan, and you could already tell that I'm your average show-freak.
Collapse

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Scrubs Jan 9, 2008

Hey guys !

I recently discovered "Scrubs" (shame on me, it's already season 6 or 7 and I'm still on season 1 !), and I really like it - it's creative, original with a quirky humor...ok, it's not really an "intellectual" show, yet sometimes the characters ask deep questions about the meaning of life, death, relations, etc.... So, I think there's almost everything in there : fun, stupidity, reflexions, friendship, etc....
What do you think ?

CheerZ,
Anne

Duygu Mengioğlu
Duygu Mengioğlu
Türkiye
Turkish to English
+ ...
My favourite series Mar 2, 2008

I love Lost.I've made my relatives, my friends watch it since I watched the first episode.There is nobody who doesn't like it.

Actually I wanna watch "The O.C" but my Dvds haven't come yet

Magdalena Brzózka
Magdalena Brzózka
Polish to English
+ ...
Comedy combined with medicine roxx ;) Mar 11, 2008

I absolutely adore "Scrubs" and "Grey's Anatomy". My MA thesis is on translation of situational humour in "Family Guy", can't get far from TV even when I'm studying

stopsinging
stopsinging
English to Turkish
hey Sep 13, 2008

good topic. watching tv series is a good step for learning a language.angel, chuck, pushing daisies, futurama are my favorites and i love south park. also i wanna say that family guy sux

Philippe Leve
Philippe Leve  Identity Verified
France
English to French
not enough time to watch, but Sep 15, 2008

House MD (addict)

I watched a lot of serials, but mostly
Friends
Black Adder
Fry and Laurie
Ab Fab
Heroes
Prison Break
Monty Python

and BBC documentary
Long way round
Long way down

i'm looking for NCIS (i saw in French on TV)

Alivette
Alivette
United States
Local time: 04:45
Spanish to English
learn by television Sep 19, 2008

Yes, I also used to watch the Spanish telenovelas when I was studying. I agree that is a great way to learn and keep up with your language skills. I don't watch them anymore though. Now I watch reality shows such as Project Runway. I love fashion!

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Your favorite TV show-serie

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »