Anne Diamantidis
Anne Diamantidis  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:38
German to French
+ ...
Welcome Adrien ! Sep 20, 2007

or "bienvenue" !
Hope your laptop is feeling better now and that we'll see you here in our student community quite often.
Good luck and take care !

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Welcome new StudentZ members ! Sep 27, 2007

Welcome to all of you, emilianacorrado, Laura Collins, ai8, annabaila and gogodilan, in our growing StudentZ community !

This thread is a great opportunity for all of us to get to know each other better and feel welcome and part of the StudentZ family.

We are looking forward to your contributions and introductions !

CheerZ

Anne

Laura Collins
Laura Collins
Local time: 02:38
Spanish to English
I'm not your traditional student... Sep 28, 2007

I'm not a typical university student--I've been married for 27 years and have raised a bunch of kids already--but I've been a full-time student for the past five years now and absolutely love it. I'm currently enrolled in the master's program of Kent State University, Ohio, USA.

I think that it is amazing that I am the first to post from the United States--that's what I love about the field of translation! I first got the "bug" to study translation when I was studying in Spain last
... See more
I'm not a typical university student--I've been married for 27 years and have raised a bunch of kids already--but I've been a full-time student for the past five years now and absolutely love it. I'm currently enrolled in the master's program of Kent State University, Ohio, USA.

I think that it is amazing that I am the first to post from the United States--that's what I love about the field of translation! I first got the "bug" to study translation when I was studying in Spain last year, finishing up a degree in Spanish. My fellow students were from all over the world--I knew then that I wanted to be in a field where "international" was normal.

Thanks for letting me be a part of this new group!

Laura
Collapse

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Welcome Babyloon and hi to Laura ! Sep 28, 2007

Hey girls !

Thank you Laura for your post - it's great meeting you ! Hope we'll get a chance to "meet" on ProZ.com often ! How old are your kids ?

Then I would like to welcome Babyloon in our growing community and in this StudentZ family !
Looking forward to read you !

CheerZ,

Anne

annabaila
annabaila  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
+ ...
Glad to be here Sep 28, 2007

Hi everyone,

It's a pleasure to read all your introductions and to see all the diversity in this group. First of all I want to thank the people running this site for all of the warmth and hospitality. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it in any other internet group.

I am a U.S. native, and live in Los Angeles, California where I was born. When I was 12 years old I was taken to live to a small town near Guadalajara, Mexico, where I went to school for 4 years.
... See more
Hi everyone,

It's a pleasure to read all your introductions and to see all the diversity in this group. First of all I want to thank the people running this site for all of the warmth and hospitality. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it in any other internet group.

I am a U.S. native, and live in Los Angeles, California where I was born. When I was 12 years old I was taken to live to a small town near Guadalajara, Mexico, where I went to school for 4 years. I am not Latina and didn't know a word of Spanish. It was very hard at first, but during that time I learned Spanish and fell in love with the Mexican people and the many indigenous cultures there.

Since then I have become a professional belly dancer, dance teacher and middle eastern percussionist. I am also a writer and work with a democratic media website, www.la.indymedia.org, and have worked with the Los Angeles community radio station, KPFK.

I am very concerned about and involved with social justice issues, and have covered many stories on immigration and other issues in the huge Latino communities in Los Angeles. Because of this I became aware of the lack of communication between the English and Spanish speaking communities here and realized that, with my feet in both worlds I could serve an important roll by becoming a bridge between those groups.

So I began studying and realized in the process that there is also a huge need for interpreters and translators in the work force. So I can make a living, serve a need, and do what I do best; communicate.

I have so much to learn. Sometimes I feel frustrated, but I keep moving forward. Right now I'm preparing for the certification process in California which is grueling. I don't know how long it will take but I plan to stick with it and continue studying to perfect my skills.

Again, I want to thank all of you for your warmth and openness. I am excited to be entering an international community working for common goals. I see this as just another way to close barriers between people.

Peace,
~Anna
Collapse

gogodilan
gogodilan  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:38
English to Chinese
+ ...
Hi, everyone Sep 28, 2007

I am so pleased to join this big family. I am shuang, a chinese graduate of the course of MA in Interpretation and Translation at University of Bath. Now I am in London, looking for interpretation and translation jobs as a freelance. The day before yesterday was my lucky day when I started my professional career: I did a whispering interpretation for the Inner London Family Proceedings Court. It was so challenging but rewarding. I really hope to know new friends in London to share views about i... See more
I am so pleased to join this big family. I am shuang, a chinese graduate of the course of MA in Interpretation and Translation at University of Bath. Now I am in London, looking for interpretation and translation jobs as a freelance. The day before yesterday was my lucky day when I started my professional career: I did a whispering interpretation for the Inner London Family Proceedings Court. It was so challenging but rewarding. I really hope to know new friends in London to share views about interpretation and translation. Look forward to meeting you!Collapse

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Hi guys, nice to meet you ! :-) Sep 28, 2007

Hello and welcome to both of you, thanks for your introductions ! it's great reading you !
Anna, I had a look on the website you linked above - great work ! Congrats, that must be hard work to keep up to date !

CheerZ

Anne

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Warm welcome for the new StudentZ members ! Sep 28, 2007

Welcome marianduran, Marina Ochoa Fernandez, Laura Alegre, Marina Intzepelidou and Pariguez in the ProZ.com StudentZ family !

Looking forward to reading you !

CheerZ,
Anne

[Modifié le 2007-10-01 09:49]

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Welcome Megan in the StudentZ Community ! Oct 2, 2007

Welcome Megan McLarin in the StudentZ Community ! Looking forward to "meet" you and read you !

CheerZ,

Anne

Megan McLarin (X)
Megan McLarin (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Italian to English
+ ...
Ciao! Oct 3, 2007

Hello and thanks for the welcome!
We do seem a diverse group.
I'm a postgraduate student in translation studies at the University of Manchester.
I wasn't bitten by the language bug until rather late... I studied Spanish and Latin in school, but it wasn't until I went to high school in Denmark at age 17 that I fell in love with languages through my newfound passion for Italian. Since then I've lived in Rome, Florence, and Lancaster, UK, before finishing my BA in Italian this pas
... See more
Hello and thanks for the welcome!
We do seem a diverse group.
I'm a postgraduate student in translation studies at the University of Manchester.
I wasn't bitten by the language bug until rather late... I studied Spanish and Latin in school, but it wasn't until I went to high school in Denmark at age 17 that I fell in love with languages through my newfound passion for Italian. Since then I've lived in Rome, Florence, and Lancaster, UK, before finishing my BA in Italian this past May. Now I'm a Yank studying in England, but I intend to stay in Europe. I intend to focus as much as possible on literary translation. In addition to Italian and Danish, I know quite a bit of French and Spanish, and am learning Gàidhlig (Scots gaelic) and Arabic (slowly).
I hope to "see" you all around!
Collapse

Pablo Arig
Pablo Arig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 03:38
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hello girls and boys, women and men, members and users Oct 4, 2007

I have to tell you that now I am with little time, to tell you about myself, but I wanted to answer somehow, to Anne and Sole, and let them know, that I finally found the thread "Introductions", and not to be mean in words I'll tell you a bit about myself and later I promise to introduce myself, more in detail.

To begin with... I live in Uruguay, (South America), for those who might not know where exactly my country is situated, my geographical brothers and sisters are Brazil and Ar
... See more
I have to tell you that now I am with little time, to tell you about myself, but I wanted to answer somehow, to Anne and Sole, and let them know, that I finally found the thread "Introductions", and not to be mean in words I'll tell you a bit about myself and later I promise to introduce myself, more in detail.

To begin with... I live in Uruguay, (South America), for those who might not know where exactly my country is situated, my geographical brothers and sisters are Brazil and Argentina. I live in the capital of the country which is Montevideo.

Until 2 years ago, this country had 4 seasons well differentiated. Firstly, from 21/12 till 21/3 Summer, secondly from 21/3 till 21/7 Autumn, then from 21/7 till 21/9 Winter, and finally from 21/9 till 21/12 Spring. I stated this was like this until 2 years ago because specially this year, the weather in my country had such a change (as it's happenning all around the world), and we had sort of 1 very cold season (winter and Autumn included), and according to what has been informed we will be having, a hot spring, the same as summer.

Well this, is from the weather point of view.
We are a few in my country; only 3 milion inhabitants, (but I guess that at least 700 thousand more are living abroad (mainly in Argentina, Usa and Spain))

Well, the next part will be about me, my family, my pet, my studies (my 4 to 5 languages), only native in Spanish.

Wel Anne, Sole and all the other members, users and so on, this is all so far for today
Collapse

Pablo Arig
Pablo Arig  Identity Verified
Uruguay
English to Spanish
+ ...
Oh, I forgot ...... Oct 4, 2007

Warm regards !!! for everybody

Anne Diamantidis
Germany
German to French
+ ...
Welcome guys ! :-) Oct 5, 2007

Hey Megan and Pariguez, welcome and thanks, this is so great to read you !
Really nice meeting you !

I'll take the opportunity to welcome Jekaterina and Marijkek - hope to "meet" you soon !

CheerZ fellow StudentZ, take care !

Anne

Aurélie Charvet
Aurélie Charvet  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Hi everyone! Oct 5, 2007

First of all, I'm really happy to be on this forum, I feel like I'm not alone anymore! And it's so great to meet people from all over the world!

My name is Aurélie and I'm another French student on this forum!

I'm in my fourth year in Translation at the "ESTRI" (Anne, we've already talked to each other when I wanted to know more about the school, remember?) and I realize now that I did the right choice because I really want to be a translator!!

I love the
... See more
First of all, I'm really happy to be on this forum, I feel like I'm not alone anymore! And it's so great to meet people from all over the world!

My name is Aurélie and I'm another French student on this forum!

I'm in my fourth year in Translation at the "ESTRI" (Anne, we've already talked to each other when I wanted to know more about the school, remember?) and I realize now that I did the right choice because I really want to be a translator!!

I love the challenge of finding the right words and expressions, I love discovering new topics everyday, and most of all I love using my two fav languages, besides French, which are English and Italian! I also study Spanish but not too much because I get confused with my Italian and then I speak Italish or Spalian!

Last year I spent 8 months in Ontario, Canada and I really improved my language skills while discovering a new way of living. I loved it!

I'm not too sure of what I want to do when I get my diploma, I'd love to work for a while in North America, and later I'd like to be a freelance translator. My dream would be to start my own translation agency but let's not be too optimistic!

Well, I hope I wasn't too boring and I'm really happy to have found all of you who share the same passion as myself!
Collapse

dani85
dani85
Spanish to English
+ ...
Hi everyone!! Oct 5, 2007

Well... let me tell you that at first I wasn't this eager to participate... I don't know whhy. But reading all those beautiful introductions made me want to tell you who I am!
My name is Daniela, I live in Argentina and I LOOOOOVE languages! at the moment I'm about to finish the translator's course and looking forward to start with the interpretation one... any suggestion? any good place to do it?
I also have other loves, like music. I'm in a band, where I play the bass and sing som
... See more
Well... let me tell you that at first I wasn't this eager to participate... I don't know whhy. But reading all those beautiful introductions made me want to tell you who I am!
My name is Daniela, I live in Argentina and I LOOOOOVE languages! at the moment I'm about to finish the translator's course and looking forward to start with the interpretation one... any suggestion? any good place to do it?
I also have other loves, like music. I'm in a band, where I play the bass and sing some songs... (alliteration =P) and well... if my band doesn't succeed, well anyway I love what I'm studying and this will do to make me happy.

Thanks Sole for the space.. hope I can make many friends from all over the world!

Love,

Dani
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Introductions

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »