Student users-only topic

Farsi and Arabic conference interpreting courses - suggestions needed
Thread poster: negartaym (X)
negartaym (X)
negartaym (X)
Jul 21, 2011

Hello,

I am thinking about taking a master of conference interpreting and I would like to have farsi within the language combination. I just can't find any masters programme with Farsi. There are some masters of translation which include Farsi, but conference interpreting with farsi?

If there is no official way of qualifying for conference interpreting in farsi, how does it work then? How do you proove your qualification?

The same with Arabic, I found the m
... See more
Hello,

I am thinking about taking a master of conference interpreting and I would like to have farsi within the language combination. I just can't find any masters programme with Farsi. There are some masters of translation which include Farsi, but conference interpreting with farsi?

If there is no official way of qualifying for conference interpreting in farsi, how does it work then? How do you proove your qualification?

The same with Arabic, I found the masters porgramme in Geneve, but you have to have Arabic or French or English as A-language. My A-language is German, and I have studied Arabic at University in Germany and in Egypt.

I actually don't know what the status of my Farsi is. I was born in Iran, grew up in Germany, but my Farsi is very good, as I have also studied it at University and I am using Farsi everyday.

I also know Turkish on a B2-level, so I searched for that also and found Bogazici Üniversitesi in Istanbul, but I'd love to have some combination with Farsi and/or Arabic.

Or what about for example taking the Master in Istanbul and taking extra language clases in Arabic and Farsi at the University (outside the Masters programme)? Would that qualify me for interpreting Farsi/Arabic although the Masters I would have done included Turkish, German and English for example?

Anyway, if anyone has ideas about these topics, I will be very grateful.

negartaym
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Farsi and Arabic conference interpreting courses - suggestions needed

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »