Thread poster: Christina Fonthes (X)
Christina Fonthes (X)
Christina Fonthes (X)
Local time: 17:11
French to English
+ ...
Mar 9, 2011

Hello

I am still new to Proz and I am still updating my profile.
I noticed there is an option to input a student orgainisation. Are there any organisations in the UK for aspiring/student translators; are there any affiliated with the ITI, IoL etc..

Thank you in advance

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Have you checked the ProZ.com translator organizations directory? Mar 10, 2011

Hello Christina,

Welcome to ProZ.com!

You may want to check translator organizations in the UK here:

http://www.proz.com/translator_associations/

I am not sure whether any of these organizations accepts students, but you can certainly contact them via their records to find out (just click on the small envelope available in each organization
... See more
Hello Christina,

Welcome to ProZ.com!

You may want to check translator organizations in the UK here:

http://www.proz.com/translator_associations/

I am not sure whether any of these organizations accepts students, but you can certainly contact them via their records to find out (just click on the small envelope available in each organization record page).

Hope this helps!

Kind regards,

Lucía
Collapse

Attila Piróth
Attila Piróth  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 18:11
English to Hungarian
+ ...
IAPTI Mar 10, 2011

Lucia Leszinsky wrote:

I am not sure whether any of these organizations accepts students, but you can certainly contact them via their records to find out (just click on the small envelope available in each organization record page).

Hi Christina, hi Lucia,

The International Association of Professional Translators and Interpreters, www.iapti.org, welcomes translation students from all over the world. Student membership at IAPTI is free, and comes with access to a student forum, where you can mingle with students from other countries. You will also get notifications about IAPTI's events – webinars, trainings etc.

Check out IPATI's website, and feel free to email me if you have any further questions.

Attila
Head of IAPTI's Eastern European Chapter

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:11
Portuguese to English
+ ...
IOL Mar 10, 2011

It's student membership is around £40 a year:)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Student organisations - suggestions needed

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »