Thread poster: Ofra Hod
Ofra Hod
Ofra Hod  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 12:00
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
Dec 30, 2020

I got a new laptop and am busy installing everything I need. When I login to sdl.com, go to the 'downloads' section and click the 'download' button next to Trados Studio 2019 and MultiTerm 2019 nothing happens (except for a flicker and maybe a browser tab opening and closing right away). The alternative FTP link doesn't work, too.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 11:00
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Ofra Dec 30, 2020

Ofra Hod wrote:
I got a new laptop.

It sounds as if your new laptop's new browser is not set up correctly. Instead of left-clicking the link, try right-clicking the link and selecting the option to download. Alternatively, it may be that your browser is in fact already downloading the files to its default location, which is often something like your Downloads folder (e.g. C:\Users\YourName\Downloads). Which browser do you use?

[Edited at 2020-12-30 09:17 GMT]

Ofra Hod
Ofra Hod  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 12:00
Member (2011)
English to Hebrew
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Samuel! Dec 30, 2020

My browser is Chrome and I think it works fine: I am downloading and installing stuff all the time (it is amazing how much software I need!) in the last days. Thank you very much for sending the files.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem downloading from sdl.com

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »