Studio 2019 SR2: cannot upgrade a .txt from WinAlign
Thread poster: Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
May 26, 2020

I don't seem to be able to upgrade a .txt TM export file from WinAlign in Studio 2019 SR2. The .txt file is shown in the file dialog but doesn't appear in the list of TMs to upgrade after I select it. Has anyone had this problem?

Paolo Sebastiani
Paolo Sebastiani  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 02:07
English to Italian
+ ...
txt TMs issue May 26, 2020

Dear Artem,

You are not allowed to import or upgrade TMs in txt format in SDL Trados Studio 2019.
When you export your TMs from WinAlign you should choose the TMX format, only with this format you will be able to import them into SDL Trados Studio 2019.
If you need help, contact me.
Bye
Paolo

Artem Vakhitov
Artem Vakhitov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Paolo May 26, 2020

Paolo Sebastiani wrote:
You are not allowed to import or upgrade TMs in txt format in SDL Trados Studio 2019.
Paolo

Thank you Paolo. I did export TMX instead when I found that I cannot use .txt, but it seems strange to offer .txt as a supported file type in the file dialog and then just fail to add the file without any explanation. Looks like a bug to me.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2019 SR2: cannot upgrade a .txt from WinAlign

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »