Bette Harris scammer with email [email protected]
Thread poster: Tanya Ronnen
Tanya Ronnen
Tanya Ronnen
United Kingdom
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jul 28, 2020

Be careful if you receive an email with a Betty Harris ([email protected]). She claims to want you to translate a document from University of Madrid (or elsewhere). Mine was about agriculture and they needed it in a month for a presentation. DON'T buy it I asked to be paid 20% upfront and to transfer to my PayPal however she kept asking for weird information like my bank account , ssrn (whatever that is), address. .. written also in very bad English. Don't give them your details! She con... See more
Be careful if you receive an email with a Betty Harris ([email protected]). She claims to want you to translate a document from University of Madrid (or elsewhere). Mine was about agriculture and they needed it in a month for a presentation. DON'T buy it I asked to be paid 20% upfront and to transfer to my PayPal however she kept asking for weird information like my bank account , ssrn (whatever that is), address. .. written also in very bad English. Don't give them your details! She contacted me through here so please block this email address. ThanksCollapse

María Belén Di Memmo

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 15:27
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
@Tanya Jul 28, 2020

Have you reported this? https://www.proz.com/about/translator-scam-alerts

María Belén Di Memmo
María Belén Di Memmo  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 11:27
Member (2019)
English to Spanish
+ ...
I have just received the same email Jul 29, 2020

She asks me for the translation of the same document. I found her email in this page
http://wiki.proz.com/wiki/index.php/Translator_scam_alert_reports#March_27.2C_2014:_Probable_scam_reported_on_site_forums

Tanya Ronnen wrote:

Be careful if you receive an email with a Betty Harris ([email protected]). She claims to want you to translate a document from University of Madrid (or elsewhere). Mine was about agriculture and they needed it in a month for a presentation. DON'T buy it I asked to be paid 20% upfront and to transfer to my PayPal however she kept asking for weird information like my bank account , ssrn (whatever that is), address. .. written also in very bad English. Don't give them your details! She contacted me through here so please block this email address. Thanks

[Edited at 2020-07-30 00:04 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bette Harris scammer with email [email protected]

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »