Scammer pretending to represent "ALRISE Biosystem"
Thread poster: Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
Andrea Capuselli
Local time: 08:01
SITE STAFF
SITE LOCALIZER
Jun 2, 2020

A report has been received of a scammer or group of scammers sending fake interview invitations pretending to represent "ALRISE Biosystem". The first email invitation is followed by a Google Hangouts interview and a request for personal information, presumably as part of a pay-to-work scam.

The email addresses reported have been [email protected] and
... See more
A report has been received of a scammer or group of scammers sending fake interview invitations pretending to represent "ALRISE Biosystem". The first email invitation is followed by a Google Hangouts interview and a request for personal information, presumably as part of a pay-to-work scam.

The email addresses reported have been [email protected] and [email protected]. Please note that the real company domain is @alrise.de: http://www.alrise.de/contact/contact.html

You can see the full report and an example of the emails sent here: http://wiki.proz.com/wiki/index.php/Translator_scam_alert_reports#June_2.2C_2020:_Scammer_pretending_to_represent_.22ALRISE_Biosystem.22
Collapse

Liviu-Lee Roth
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
angelicaavil
María Paula Plazas

AcornTr_US
AcornTr_US  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:01
French to English
+ ...
I got the scam discussed here from [email protected] and a CC was sent to phillip.hrcoordinator@gmail Jun 6, 2020

Though the ''bad guys" mention my ATA profile and not Proz, I decided to post here because the topic matched. Stay safe! Here's a copy of the email received with all sensitive info blocked:

Dear Translator/Interpreter,

After a quick review of your profile on ATA-American Translators Association, I write to present ALRISE Biosystem Job Offer. ALRISE Biosystems GmbH is always looking for outstanding individuals willing to participate and actively support the comp
... See more
Though the ''bad guys" mention my ATA profile and not Proz, I decided to post here because the topic matched. Stay safe! Here's a copy of the email received with all sensitive info blocked:

Dear Translator/Interpreter,

After a quick review of your profile on ATA-American Translators Association, I write to present ALRISE Biosystem Job Offer. ALRISE Biosystems GmbH is always looking for outstanding individuals willing to participate and actively support the company's positive business development. If you enjoy working in a highly motivated team and possess skills as well as experience to enhance ALRISE's technology and business, this position is for you. Our flexible working environment had helped us build a dynamic and inclusive workplace that operates on trust and respect and allows you to live the life you want to live. We’re in search of individuals, companies irrespective of the current business type for an Interpreting job position.

The information below is a briefing about our company; the job and instructions to assist you to get aboard our work team. If truly you’re interested; read further and follow the instructions as stated below, IF NOT please ignore this message.

As a responsible company, we act where the needs are greatest and where we can have maximum impact. Together, with our employees and partners, we help provide better health for all.

COMPANY: ALRISE BIOSYSTEM.

Job Name: Interpreter/Translator

Job Type: Part-Time, Full-Time, Freelancer.
Hourly Rate: $80/Hour
Training Rate: $65/Hour.

JOB DUTIES AS AN INTERPRETER/TRANSLATOR:

* Interpreter is to interpret and translate complex medical information to patients who speak a foreign language.
* Investigates and researches medical and technical terminology in both source and target language to ensure understanding and accurate translations.
* Strive to provide a positive and relaxed experience so patients feel comfortable disclosing sensitive information about their medical conditions..
* Manages the translation process of each requested document.
* Mentors and teaches peers in order to improve the overall interpreting skills of the department.
* Assists the office in general office duties and the coordination of interpreting sessions.
* Interprets communication between the staff or faculty and the non-English speaking population.

If interested, follow the steps below to schedule your interview session:
You've been assigned to Mr Karlheinz schmelig (Hiring Coordinator) of ALRISE Biosystem, he would be conducting an online interview with you.

To contact him, set up a screen name with Gmail hangout https://hangouts.google.com/ and add up the Company Hiring Manager's hangouts screen name ([email protected]) and instant message him to proceed with the job interview

Interview Scheduled: Mondays - Fridays
Venue: Online Via Google Hangouts
Time : 8:00 AM-6:00 PM EST
Training is available.

Your verification code is (ALR-2020/0145). This would serve as your identification number throughout the online hiring process. This is an online work from home and working hours are flexible.

Your swift and timely response matters a lot as this is an immediate hire position... We look forward to having you on the team!

Sincerely yours,
Dr Heiko Seemann.
Chairman of the Employee Representative Council of Alrise Biosystems.

ALRISE Biosystems GmbH Phone: +49 30.94 89 24 83
Robert-Roessle-straBe 10 Fax: +49 30.94 89 24 83
Otto-Warburg-Haus
13125 Berlin, Germany
Collapse

Yolanda Broad
Liviu-Lee Roth
angelicaavil
María Paula Plazas

Rebeca Barroso
Rebeca Barroso  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 06:01
Spanish to English
+ ...
CHICATA, too Jul 3, 2020

I got that email as well, but they said they found me through CHICATA. I guess they're searching all the major databases.

It looked spammy from the start, one of those too good to be true pay rates + good company to work with. Also came from an email that appeared to be bonafide ([email protected]) but the interview is via hangouts, with some dude who's not super professional or punctual.

Quick google search, and, indeed, found he's been targeting ProZ and ATA members.

María Paula Plazas

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scammer pretending to represent "ALRISE Biosystem"

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »