Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Fresh new scam - Loredana Maxen (bhtranslationworld.com - reincarnation of Languagemet)
Thread poster: Liviu-Lee Roth
Madeleine Bergström
Madeleine Bergström  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 22:53
Member (2011)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Again - with new email Aug 14, 2018

I just got this email ("Hemlig kopia" means "Undisclosed recipients"):

Loredana Maxen 13 augusti 2018 15:09 Hemlig kopia: [email protected]
Hi,
How are you?
I have small project from English to Swedish.
366 words.
Is it relevant? If so can you let me know your fee? Kind Regards, Loredana Maxen
Chief Executive Officer

connecting people across language and culture _______________________
... See more
I just got this email ("Hemlig kopia" means "Undisclosed recipients"):

Loredana Maxen 13 augusti 2018 15:09 Hemlig kopia: [email protected]
Hi,
How are you?
I have small project from English to Swedish.
366 words.
Is it relevant? If so can you let me know your fee? Kind Regards, Loredana Maxen
Chief Executive Officer

connecting people across language and culture _______________________________________________________________________
"The information contained herein is confidential and private. It is solely intended for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and others authorized to receive it. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action based upon the contents of this communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. One Touch Translation Services is neither liable for the proper, complete transmission of the information contained in this communication nor for any delay in the receipt"
N.B: 30%-40% deduction shall apply in case of delayed submission, poor quality of translation and missing translation parts. P Protect the environment! Please don't print this email unless you really need to.

-------------------------------------------

As you can see, the email says L M is "Chief Executive Officer" - but of what?

Also, now L M is using a new email address.

[Edited at 2018-08-14 11:02 GMT]
Collapse

Agneta Pallinder
Agneta Pallinder  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:53
Member (2014)
Swedish to English
+ ...
Still scamming Sep 24, 2018

Just got an email from this Loredana Maxen - so still active, still scamming, and still smelling of scamming.

Adar Brauner
Adar Brauner  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 23:53
Member (2012)
Italian to Hebrew
+ ...
Loredana Maxen - my experience Feb 18, 2019

I received a number of offers by this elusive Loredana Maxen;

I agree that everything points out this to be a "scammer", as you call it/them, or better, an impostor, and a cheater;

non the less...I made for "her" (?) a couple of small translations, and got actually paid, and very fast...they were very small, I concede.

Now, I'm going to try once more time with her, and let you know how shall that work out.

Colleen Roach, PhD
Colleen Roach, PhD  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 14:53
French to English
+ ...
Agree with Liviu-Lee: Don't engage...Tar Baby Feb 18, 2019

Liviu-Lee Roth wrote:

Maximo,

The basic rule is to avoid engaging the scammer. After a while, she may reply that she agrees to your terms, send you a check, ask you to deposit it and send her back the money overpaid. (old over-payment scam). Unless you want her to play by your rules, and have her waste time and money (postal stamp) to send you a fake check, it is safer if you do not answer to these scammers.

Totally agree with this advice. In fact, I stated the same thing in a recent Linked In forum where some translator was patting himself on the back for how he was "gaming" a scam artist who had tried to get him involved in some obvious translation scam -- emailing him back and forth, trying to "one up" the con artist, "beating him at his own game," was how he put it I think. ALL the responses on this forum were patting this guy on the back saying "what a great idea! Bravo! Take these guys on..."

I was the only dissenting voice, saying: no, don't engage. Warn people, alert PROZ if there's some involvement here, and then delete the messages.

Getting involved with these scammers is like playing with a Tar Baby.

(https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=tar%20baby

A dummy [doll] made of tar, which cannot be struck without getting oneself hopelessly stuck to it--from the story "Mr. Rabbit and Mr. Fox" ...)

Panopticon
Panopticon
Spain
Member (2012)
Spanish to English
Another scammer Feb 18, 2019

Liviu-Lee Roth wrote:

Just received:
Pepsi - Delivery - Romanian - PO: Tera-417
From Loredana Maxen [email protected] details
To undisclosed-recipients:;
Good day ,

Small job.

We want you to check if the text matches the audio. To access the audio click on the link below.

Do not make any changes on the txt. If there are any discrepancies, just note them on a separate sheet indicating where.

Once done, just send back your comment. It should not take you more than an hour for this. Will pay hourly.

Delivery Monday if possible. Otherwise Tuesday will be fine.

Please confirm.

--
Kind Regards,
Loredana Maxen

Chief Executive Officer

If you Google the name, plenty of posts about this scam

Stay safe
lee

Another scammer. Just what we need, as if there aren't enough of them already....

Panopticon
Panopticon
Spain
Member (2012)
Spanish to English
Me too Feb 18, 2019

Adar Brauner wrote:

I received a number of offers by this elusive Loredana Maxen;

I agree that everything points out this to be a "scammer", as you call it/them, or better, an impostor, and a cheater;

non the less...I made for "her" (?) a couple of small translations, and got actually paid, and very fast...they were very small, I concede.

Now, I'm going to try once more time with her, and let you know how shall that work out.

I too have recently received a similar email from this person. Stay away, definitely a scammer.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Fresh new scam - Loredana Maxen (bhtranslationworld.com - reincarnation of Languagemet)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »