Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:38
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Logging in Jun 16, 2017

Hi Ingrid,

When you launch CafeTran, the program connects to ProZ.com and checks your Plus membership to unlock the unlimited version. Before going out into the area with no Internet access, you might start the program and put your laptop to sleep. Then, when you wake it up in the park, CafeTran will keep running without any limitations.

> But, even weirder, I am back home now, I am logged into my TM Town-account and I still get the same message. After restarting the pr
... See more
Hi Ingrid,

When you launch CafeTran, the program connects to ProZ.com and checks your Plus membership to unlock the unlimited version. Before going out into the area with no Internet access, you might start the program and put your laptop to sleep. Then, when you wake it up in the park, CafeTran will keep running without any limitations.

> But, even weirder, I am back home now, I am logged into my TM Town-account and I still get the same message. After restarting the program and even restarting the Macbook, I still get the pop-up message to get a license...

You should be logged into ProZ.com account (not TM-Town).

Igor

[Edited at 2017-06-16 09:24 GMT]
Collapse

Muses Inc
Muses Inc  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
That explains a lot Jun 16, 2017

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

Before going out into the area with no Internet access, you might start the program and put your laptop to sleep. Then, when you wake it up in the park, CafeTran will keep running without any limitations.

Good tip! Thank you, I will try that next time, it seems logical as it checks on starting up the program.

You should be logged into ProZ.com account (not TM-Town).

Igor

[Edited at 2017-06-16 09:24 GMT]

Ah! [:facepalm:] ... I thought it went through TM-Town, not ProZ.com... where I got logged out and I just did not check that! Oh the joys of being blonde...

Michelle Washington
Michelle Washington  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2016)
English to Krio
+ ...
Can I log into ProZ and use CafeTran on my iPad or Samsung Tablet? Sep 5, 2017

I occasionally work from my tablet. Is this possible?

Jean Dimitriadis
Jean Dimitriadis  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
No Sep 5, 2017

Hello Kusheo,

CafeTran is a Java application. It runs on Windows, OS X and GNU/Linux platforms, which is more than most offline CAT tools can offer. You can login with your ProZ Plus member credentials and use it on any computer.

But I'm afraid it is not a cloud/online application that runs through a browser ; you won't find it on the App Store or Google Play either.

Jean

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Via a remote control app Sep 5, 2017

Kusheo wrote:

I occasionally work from my tablet. Is this possible?

For occasional use, this could be interesting:

Remote control a Windows PC from your iPad:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/microsoft-remote-desktop/id714464092?mt=8

Remote control a Mac from your iPad:
http://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/ipad/this-is-how-you-remote-access-mac-from-ipad-for-free-3526694/

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
New candidate? Dec 26, 2018

Ankita Arora wrote (at https://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/330904-resource_a_tool_to_edit_translate_image.html ):

>@Jorge you can try out https://imgtranslate.com.
It's an easy tool to translate images in place. Without having to extract
... See more
Ankita Arora wrote (at https://www.proz.com/forum/memoq_support/330904-resource_a_tool_to_edit_translate_image.html ):

>@Jorge you can try out https://imgtranslate.com.
It's an easy tool to translate images in place. Without having to extract the text manually.

Perhaps a useful addition to the Proz Plus basket?
Collapse

Muses Inc
Netherlands
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Too Many Requests Jan 15, 2019

Meanwhile I understood that CafeTran, as part of the Plus Package, must log in on Proz.com for all the features and full TM-memory to work.

But I cannot log in.

I get 'Too Many Requests" in the proz.com tab, a warning that I can only use 1000 translation units and need to buy a license.

The strange thing is that I am logged on at the proz.com term search tab in CT. I suppose there's a problem with the login on the site on the database where CT logons are
... See more
Meanwhile I understood that CafeTran, as part of the Plus Package, must log in on Proz.com for all the features and full TM-memory to work.

But I cannot log in.

I get 'Too Many Requests" in the proz.com tab, a warning that I can only use 1000 translation units and need to buy a license.

The strange thing is that I am logged on at the proz.com term search tab in CT. I suppose there's a problem with the login on the site on the database where CT logons are registered?

The thing is my project with a huge TM is stalled and the deadline is nearing.

(Perhaps it would be better if a yearly key would be administered, that is renewed on renewal of proz plus package? At least it would save the trouble of not being able to login via proz.com due to network problems etc...)
Collapse

Jean Dimitriadis
English to French
+ ...
ProZ Plus login issue Jan 15, 2019

Hello,

The issue with the ProZ Plus login in CafeTran Espresso has already been reported earlier on today.

It is currently under investigation: https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/6000056869

Jean

Muses Inc
Netherlands
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
still stuck... Jan 15, 2019

Jean Dimitriadis wrote:

Hello,

The issue with the ProZ Plus login in CafeTran Espresso has already been reported earlier on today.

It is currently under investigation: https://cafetran.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/6000056869

Jean

Thank you Jean,

I made a ticket as well here at Proz, and have not yet received a reply. Usually these arrive prompt. Perhaps it's a server issue of a more general nature. Hopefully soon resolved as I am stuck.

Jean Dimitriadis
English to French
+ ...
Resolved? Jan 15, 2019

In the previously-mentioned thread, another user is reporting the connectivity issue seems resolved, is it the case for you as well?

Enrique Manzo
Enrique Manzo
SITE STAFF
This issue has been fixed Jan 15, 2019

Hello all,

Thank you for reporting this issue. The problem was fixed earlier today.

Let me know if you need anything.

Best regards,

Enrique

Birgit Spalt
Birgit Spalt  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2019)
English to German
+ ...
Just to be sure about the installation process Feb 14, 2019

Hey!

I have downloaded the free trial version of CaféTran a week ago and have then, a couple of days ago, decided to get the ProZ PLUS membership.

I managed to connect the two and it now says in my license in CaféTran that I do have the full version, I'm just a little confused as I thought I'd need to download another version in order to obtain the full version. As I can see, nothing has changed in CaféTran itself.

Does it really do this all by itself?... See more
Hey!

I have downloaded the free trial version of CaféTran a week ago and have then, a couple of days ago, decided to get the ProZ PLUS membership.

I managed to connect the two and it now says in my license in CaféTran that I do have the full version, I'm just a little confused as I thought I'd need to download another version in order to obtain the full version. As I can see, nothing has changed in CaféTran itself.

Does it really do this all by itself?

Thanks.

Kind regards,
Birgit
Collapse

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Automatic activation Feb 14, 2019

Hello Brigit,

> Does it really do this all by itself?

Yes, CafeTran Espresso checks your ProZ.com PLUS membership and activates the full version automatically. You don't need to install any separate version.

Birgit Spalt
Birgit Spalt  Identity Verified
Austria
Member (2019)
English to German
+ ...
Cool Feb 15, 2019

Hi Igor,

Thanks for the quick response, that's awesome!

Have a good day.

Kind regards,
Birgit

Fernanda Carrascosa
Fernanda Carrascosa  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Dutch to Portuguese
+ ...
Site blocked by McAfee May 8, 2019

Hi,

My antivirus completely blocks access to CafeTran's website, stating there's an "unacceptable security risk", incl. spyware/adware/keyloggers. I use a MacBook Pro, and I tried opening it both on Safari and Chrome, but got the same result.

Schermafbeelding 2019-05-08 om 12.22.09

Has anybody else experienced the same problem? How can I solve this? Or is there really a security breach?

Thanks in advance!

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Plus features: Basket item #1 -- CafeTran Espresso

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »