https://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/319003-show_the_companys_info_closer_to_the_companys_name_on_the_blueboard.html

Show the company's info closer to the company's name on the BlueBoard
Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:23
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Sep 26, 2017

Hello

On the BlueBoard, I suggest moving the address box closer to the company's name, or alternatively that at least some extra information is added next to or underneath the company's name (e.g. city and country of origin, or company's web site URL).

These are "rolling" screenshots, i.e. they show also content below the fold.

blue board suggestion1 blue board suggestion2

Samuel

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 20:23
English to Spanish
+ ...
The new BB layout needs reviewing . Sep 26, 2017

Samuel Murray wrote:

Hello

On the BlueBoard, I suggest moving the address box closer to the company's name, or alternatively that at least some extra information is added next to or underneath the company's name (e.g. city and country of origin, or company's web site URL).

I totally agree, Samuel.

I was thinking about it yesterday when I found two agencies in the BB, but could not tell where they were from, where they were located, country or something. Only a mere name is not enough, some other data are necessary. I had to search thoroughly until I could find the info that used to be at the top of the page next to the name.

This new layout needs some changing.

Walter

Francesca Bernardis
Francesca Bernardis  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 01:23
Member (2010)
Portuguese to Italian
+ ...
May depend on your screen Sep 26, 2017

Hello Samuel and Walter.

The design may indeed have to be tweaked, but I believe that what you see is not what was intended. On my screen, everything that you see below the disclaimer box is actually a second column, so the company info do appear on top of the page (screenshot attached).

Capture

..... (X)
..... (X)
Local time: 08:23
Updated Sep 27, 2017

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for pointing this out. I have adjusted the layout for smaller screen sizes.

Kevin

Walter Landesman
Walter Landesman  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 20:23
English to Spanish
+ ...
OK now! Sep 27, 2017

It looks OK now, Kevin, much better, thank you!

[Edited at 2017-09-27 15:11 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Show the company's info closer to the company's name on the BlueBoard

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »