Mirko Mainardi
Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:08
English to Italian
The same could be said of the Project History... Aug 17, 2016

Diana Coada wrote:

Maija Cirule wrote:

Given that there is no way to prove the authenticity of the statements, it can be classified as smoke and mirrors or an endeavour to cheat gullible clients...

But unfortunately it doesn't seem to be a concern for the ProZ staff members.

If the projects you enter in the PH are not corroborated (by an outsourcer), they basically have the same value and credibility as those entered in this "WIWO" thingie...

However, yes, the main point of this new feature seems just "to be there" (more). A crossbreed between an Internet marketing tool of sorts (similar to blogging, cross-linking, SEO keywords "dissemination", etc.) and the "status" used in social networks... (and that's not a compliment

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 11:08
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Too far Aug 17, 2016

I think you should not go too far and start doubting everything. After all our whole profile is just what we put there, most of it uncorroborated.

I assume that the majority of people who participate in the WIWO feature are not doing that with questionable intentions. They probably think it's fun and they like to see what others are working on - it may give them an idea of what's out there in terms of work. Try to keep in mind that different people have different ways of looking at
... See more
I think you should not go too far and start doubting everything. After all our whole profile is just what we put there, most of it uncorroborated.

I assume that the majority of people who participate in the WIWO feature are not doing that with questionable intentions. They probably think it's fun and they like to see what others are working on - it may give them an idea of what's out there in terms of work. Try to keep in mind that different people have different ways of looking at things. I only object to having it appear at the top of the home page as if it is an important feature of the website. Even though I can hide it, it may still visible at the top to visitors (non-members) to the website and I think that gives the wrong impression of what proz.com is about (or what we would like it to be about).

[Edited at 2016-08-17 16:16 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What proz.com translators are working on moved to top

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »