Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]
So why doesnt Proz allow users to comment about price dumpers?
Thread poster: sdvplatt
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:05
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Lower that what going rate in China? Sep 12, 2015

jyuan_us wrote:
What this company is actually doing is to reduce the fee to $0.015 per source word to the translator for his or her translation work. This is even lower than the going rate in China.

Is the going rate for PEMT in China higher than USD 0.015, then?

With PEMT (yes, I use that term), the question you should ask yourself is whether you can make more money per hour/day with the PEMT job than with a translation job. If not, then don't do it.

Romina Navarro
Romina Navarro
Spain
English to Spanish
"Take from Proz.com what is helpful to you." (Bernhard) Sep 15, 2015

THAT IS definitely the point. Thank you!

For instance, this forum, KurdoZ, my profile and how I can improve it or make it stand out: these are some of the helpful things about ProZ... and they have no cost!

But, for instance, paying for quoting? No way. Because most of the outsourcers are looking for the lowest rate, so I would never have a chance. It would be a waste of money, even if it's only 1 dollar.
... See more
THAT IS definitely the point. Thank you!

For instance, this forum, KurdoZ, my profile and how I can improve it or make it stand out: these are some of the helpful things about ProZ... and they have no cost!

But, for instance, paying for quoting? No way. Because most of the outsourcers are looking for the lowest rate, so I would never have a chance. It would be a waste of money, even if it's only 1 dollar. That is a feature I can do without.

As regards ProZ improvements, I agree that making all outsourcers become members would be really helpful for us. In fact, it would be a good way of filtering to improve the overall quality of the job board.

But will it be profitable for ProZ.com to reduce its traffic like that? In the end, this is THEIR business too.

If this change is not an option, then we should stick to your idea of taking from ProZ.com only what is really useful to us, do our own filtering, and put the rest aside.

[Edited at 2015-09-16 13:57 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

So why doesnt Proz allow users to comment about price dumpers?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »