Thread poster: Salam Alrawi
Salam Alrawi
Salam Alrawi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:28
English to Arabic
+ ...
Nov 16, 2014

I would like to suggest an interpreting app.

It is an app that interpreters download through proz.com and install it on their computers, tablets or smart phones.
It shows the current available online interpreters and specialties.

Let's say I go to France and I got into some tour. or a sudden conference has taken a place and I need to attend it but I don't know the language. or I go to Italy and have to go to a hospital and need to communicate with the doctor there
... See more
I would like to suggest an interpreting app.

It is an app that interpreters download through proz.com and install it on their computers, tablets or smart phones.
It shows the current available online interpreters and specialties.

Let's say I go to France and I got into some tour. or a sudden conference has taken a place and I need to attend it but I don't know the language. or I go to Italy and have to go to a hospital and need to communicate with the doctor there. I can turn on the app, browse the interpreters available online right then and higher one to help me communicate.

Pay, could be advanced or credit. whichever best option available or preferred for proz.com, clients and users.

May be a 5 minutes interpreter strength check to make sure the interpreter is qualified, or whatever good option.

Ability to connect multiple users to communicate and listen to the interpretation.
Ability to record the communication, unless it is confidential or stated otherwise.
Ability to reduce noise or whatever.

It will save clients time and travel cost and most of all it will be instant.

Available only to proz.com members (for example) to encourage subscriptions.

I am not sure if there is a similar one out there, there might be but I don't see any on proz.com

It is something like viber, or what's up, or whichever communication or social networking app. I think the closest one I have seen is "nextalk" which is intended only for medical field. However this app will be more professional specific to proz.com interpreting and be used for wide variety of situations and include all language pairs.

I believe it can be a good boost for proz.com.

I believe it may cost about $20,000 to make a decent one.

Also, just a suggestion, if you need help financing, I am willing to invest too
Collapse

Salam Alrawi
Salam Alrawi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:28
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It also can Nov 16, 2014

Charge per job, for example 10% of the total amount.

Triston Goodwin
Triston Goodwin  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:28
Spanish to English
+ ...
I like it! Nov 17, 2014

I think it's an interesting idea, and I like that it would put interpreters directly in contact with potential clients like that.

If you're interested in investing in a translation/interpretation app, I might have something for you

Diana Coada (X)
Diana Coada (X)  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:28
Portuguese to English
+ ...
It's all been done before Nov 17, 2014

These apps are already on the market.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Interpreting APP

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »