Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 08:31
Member (2008)
English to Czech
SITE LOCALIZER
Sep 29, 2013

Please:

1) Can more details be shown about Google searches that lead to visits of profiles? I can only see e.g. "www.google.ch", but in the ProZ server logs there definitely have to be details about what the visitor entered into the search field, e.g. something like "http://www.google.ch/search?q=word", and any average statistics analyzer software can decode and "tidy" this. So can we see also the query text, for example "www.google.ch [Search: word]" (just like we e.g. see criteria
... See more
Please:

1) Can more details be shown about Google searches that lead to visits of profiles? I can only see e.g. "www.google.ch", but in the ProZ server logs there definitely have to be details about what the visitor entered into the search field, e.g. something like "http://www.google.ch/search?q=word", and any average statistics analyzer software can decode and "tidy" this. So can we see also the query text, for example "www.google.ch [Search: word]" (just like we e.g. see criteria used in the Directory)?

2) If the visitor used "ProZ.com Certified PRO freelancers only" criteria, can this be indicated in the overview of visits?

Thank you.
Collapse

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
That information would appear in the "Keywords" column Oct 1, 2013

Hello Tomas,
1) Can more details be shown about Google searches that lead to visits of profiles? I can only see e.g. "www.google.ch", but in the ProZ server logs there definitely have to be details about what the visitor entered into the search field, e.g. something like "http://www.google.ch/search?q=word", and any average statistics analyzer software can decode and "tidy" this. So can we see also the query text, for example "www.google.ch [Search: word]" (just like we e.g. see criteria used in the Directory)?

This information can be found in the "Keywords" column of your Visitors tab.

In this case, there was no corresponding keyword for that particular visit. If ProZ.com receives keyword data in the 'referer' field when your profile is visited, then that information is displayed in the "Keywords" column. In this case the 'referer' was simply "http://www.google.ch"
2) If the visitor used "ProZ.com Certified PRO freelancers only" criteria, can this be indicated in the overview of visits?

Thanks for this suggestion. I've added it to our backlog of improvements for the "Visitors tab" feature, for possible future implementation.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Maria

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI
Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2008)
English to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
thanks Oct 1, 2013

This information can be found in the "Keywords" column of your Visitors tab.

In this case, there was no corresponding keyword for that particular visit.

Thank you. I see now what you mean. But - how can there be a visit via Google when there is no keyword? I reviewed this column; I had visits through search engines within the last 30 days, but only in one case there is an entry in the Keywords column. How did the other visitors get to my profile when they used no keywords? (I mean, you cannot find anything if you enter no search keyword.) I presume they did, but then why these are not shown in the column?

Is there any logical explanation for this?

Thank you.

Daniela Zambrini
Daniela Zambrini  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
keywords not listed Oct 1, 2013

Tomas Mosler, MITI wrote:

how can there be a visit via Google when there is no keyword? I reviewed this column; I had visits through search engines within the last 30 days, but only in one case there is an entry in the Keywords column. How did the other visitors get to my profile when they used no keywords? (I mean, you cannot find anything if you enter no search keyword.) I presume they did, but then why these are not shown in the column?

I haven't seen any keywords for ages in the relevant column either: the only visible information is the name of the search engine in the "came from" column

I agree with Tomas: how can someone land on your profile page from a search engine without having used any search keywords?

Ciao!

Daniela

Maria Kopnitsky
Maria Kopnitsky  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
'Referer' information not always made available Oct 2, 2013

Development staff have looked into the the "Keywords" feature and confirm that it is indeed working as it should. That field is shown as blank when no keyword data is passed along in the 'referer' field. When it is, that information is extracted and displayed in the "Keywords" section of your Visitor tab.

I hope this clears up any confusion, but please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards,

Maria

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

a request for more information in Visitors tab

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »