Thread poster: Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:06
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Feb 28, 2013

I was wondering why it is not possible to indicate 2 different locations in profile, I am now based both in Italy and Spain, my business is registered in Spain, where I live about 8 months in 1 year.

I suggest to allow to report 2 locations in profile

Thank you!

[Edited at 2013-03-01 14:20 GMT]

Mauro Zingaretti (X)
Mauro Zingaretti (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
good idea Feb 28, 2013

That would be a specification welcomed by me too, as I mostly live between Italy and the UK, although I made up for the lack of it with additional indications of my two locations.

People in charge of this website should be informed of this specific requirement of some members - I have no idea how, nor do I feel an urgent need to do that - and perhaps someone out there knows the right email address to contact them about it.

[Edited at 2013-03-01 20:01 GMT]

Giles Watson
Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
In memoriam
Support ticket Feb 28, 2013

Mauro Zingaretti wrote:

.. perhaps someone out there knows the right email address to contact them about it.

Hi Mauro and Angie,

You could start by logging a support ticket:

http://www.proz.com/support/

In bocc'al lupo!

Giles - monolocato ma polivalente

Mauro Zingaretti (X)
Mauro Zingaretti (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
many thanks Feb 28, 2013

Giles, and nice one!

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Thanks! Added to list of ideas Mar 1, 2013

Hello all,

Thanks Angie for posting this suggestion.

I have added this idea to the site's backlog of ideas and suggestions for profile improvement for future evaluation. However, have in mind that allowing members to add a second location to profile information would not be as simple as it may sound since reporting 2 countries for instance would have a direct effect on other site areas such as job notifications, the directory, events and training.

In the me
... See more
Hello all,

Thanks Angie for posting this suggestion.

I have added this idea to the site's backlog of ideas and suggestions for profile improvement for future evaluation. However, have in mind that allowing members to add a second location to profile information would not be as simple as it may sound since reporting 2 countries for instance would have a direct effect on other site areas such as job notifications, the directory, events and training.

In the meantime, remember that you can edit your location as needed via your profile updater:

http://www.proz.com/settings/freelancer/contact

I will let you know if I have any news on this though.

Kind regards,

Lucia
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:06
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Subsidiary location Mar 1, 2013

Angie Garbarino wrote:
I was wondering why it is not possible to indicate 2 different locations in profile, I am now based both in Italy and Spain, my business is registered in Spain, where I live about 8 months in 1 year.

I suggest to allow to report 2 locations in profile

I think it could be very misleading if the two locations were given equal status. All of us, whatever our physical lifestyle, have businesses registered in ONE country, or at least the income is registered as coming from just ONE country. That's the one of principal interest to clients.

But I can see that if you regularly spend 4 months of the year in another country, especially if that country has special significance for your language pair(s), then you would benefit from having that second country appear in searches etc.

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Indeed Sheila Mar 1, 2013

Sheila Wilson wrote:
But I can see that if you regularly spend 4 months of the year in another country, especially if that country has special significance for your language pair(s), then you would benefit from having that second country appear in searches etc.

I would benefit, in fact sometimes I am prevented to bid just because I am not registered in Italy, In my opinion having a European VAT number (VIES) should be sufficient for clients wherever they are based, I think.

All th best!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Reporting 2 different locations in profile

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »