Veronica Coquard
Veronica Coquard
France
Local time: 08:11
French to English
+ ...
Jan 24, 2011

Hello,

Please forgive me if this subject has come up before.

I just created a team today on ProZ to make a bid on a job that was offered to me outside of this website. I chose two translators with whom I would like to work on the project and was hoping to send the team profile to the client as a way of presenting our offer. I wanted to see how it would look from the point of view of the client, as I'm certain they do not use ProZ and can't be counted on to take the tim
... See more
Hello,

Please forgive me if this subject has come up before.

I just created a team today on ProZ to make a bid on a job that was offered to me outside of this website. I chose two translators with whom I would like to work on the project and was hoping to send the team profile to the client as a way of presenting our offer. I wanted to see how it would look from the point of view of the client, as I'm certain they do not use ProZ and can't be counted on to take the time to create a profile, so I logged off and tried to access the team profile. Although I was able to find it in the list of teams, I couldn't access the page when I clicked on the link - I was just sent back to the list.

Is this a glitch, or are outsiders purposely kept away from team profiles? Needless to say, I think it would be useful if they could see them.

Thank you for letting me put my two cents in!
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Fixing Jan 24, 2011

Hello verslanglais,

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The link to each team in the list of teams at http://www.proz.com/teams/ should certainly open the team's profile page to all logged-in users as well as to non-logged-in visitors.

Let me refer this issue to developers to get it fixed.

I appreciate your patience.

Kind regards,

Lucía

Veronica Coquard
Veronica Coquard
France
Local time: 08:11
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Jan 24, 2011

Thank you, Lucia!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Visibility of teams for outsiders

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »