Could we see "Message sent" on our "Visitors" page?
Thread poster: Jocelyne S
Jocelyne S
Jocelyne S  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 03:02
French to English
+ ...
Apr 7, 2010

Messages and alerts sent through the site occasionally come through late (and sometimes - at least with KudoZ - not at all).

When I check the Visitors tab on my profile page I can see when a freelancer, outsourcer or end client has viewed my profile, CV, etc., and I find this to be a great feature.

Would it be possible to also see when someone uses the "Send message" feature on our profile page?

What do others think?

Best,
Jocelyne

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 22:02
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for the suggestion Apr 8, 2010

Dear Jocelyne,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have added this to our backlog of ideas and suggestions for site improvement, to be evaluated for possible future implementation. I'll let you know here if it is decided to implement this suggestion or not.

Best regards,
Alejandro

Jocelyne S
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great - thank you! Apr 8, 2010

That's great - thank you, Alejandro!

Best,
Jocelyne

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 22:02
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It has been decided not to implement your suggestion due to privacy concerns Apr 20, 2010

Dear Jocelyne,

I just wanted to let you know that your suggestion has been reviewed, and it has been decided not to implement it due to privacy concerns.

At the moment, the identities of profile visitors are not shown specifically to protect their privacy. If it was shown when a visitor sends a message on the visitors tab, the profile owner would know who the visitor is, and the visitor's identity would basically be revealed.

In any case, messages sent to
... See more
Dear Jocelyne,

I just wanted to let you know that your suggestion has been reviewed, and it has been decided not to implement it due to privacy concerns.

At the moment, the identities of profile visitors are not shown specifically to protect their privacy. If it was shown when a visitor sends a message on the visitors tab, the profile owner would know who the visitor is, and the visitor's identity would basically be revealed.

In any case, messages sent to you through your profile should always be received on time. If at any moment you feel you have received a message with a delay, or have not received a message at all, please submit a support request and we will look into it.

Best regards,
Alejandro
Collapse

Jocelyne S
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Alright... Apr 21, 2010

Thank you for your reply, Alejandro, and sorry to hear that the feature cannot be implemented.

Just a quick thought: when we receive a message sent through our profiles, the sender's IP address appears in the email - and this is the same IP address seen on the visitor's page.

Presumably if someone is contacting us through our profile page, they are not concerned with privacy issues and about revealing their IP address; if they are, it's probably us who should be concer
... See more
Thank you for your reply, Alejandro, and sorry to hear that the feature cannot be implemented.

Just a quick thought: when we receive a message sent through our profiles, the sender's IP address appears in the email - and this is the same IP address seen on the visitor's page.

Presumably if someone is contacting us through our profile page, they are not concerned with privacy issues and about revealing their IP address; if they are, it's probably us who should be concerned!

Thanks anyway for taking the suggesting into consideration.

Best,
Jocelyne
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Could we see "Message sent" on our "Visitors" page?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »