Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Context message for Kudoz (Staff: existing message will be improved)
Thread poster: Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:42
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Kim and Lucia Mar 23, 2010

Lucia, you identified the problem. Now I see that Geschäftsbedingungen only appears in the Kudoz open glossary as part of a phrase, not by itself.

Thanks for checking it out, and it's good to know that the subject fields don't have to match!

Kim Metzger
Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:42
German to English
Related problem Mar 23, 2010

Lucia, as I said, there are four entries in the glossary for Geschäftsbedingungen (terms of business), but when asking a question for this term - Geschäftsbedingungen - there is no alert that the question is already in the glossary. This is just one such term. I have encountered the same problem with other terms.

For example: the term is entered as AGB (Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen) General Terms and Conditions two times. Below there are two more entries.

[Edited at
... See more
Lucia, as I said, there are four entries in the glossary for Geschäftsbedingungen (terms of business), but when asking a question for this term - Geschäftsbedingungen - there is no alert that the question is already in the glossary. This is just one such term. I have encountered the same problem with other terms.

For example: the term is entered as AGB (Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen) General Terms and Conditions two times. Below there are two more entries.

[Edited at 2010-03-23 20:38 GMT]
Collapse

Susan Welsh
Susan Welsh  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:42
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Kim Mar 23, 2010

Kim,
As I understand it, Lucia is saying that if the original term in the glossary is Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen, and you type a query for Geschäftsbedingungen, the system won't find it. There has to be an exact match. I tried again to search for Geschäftsbedingungen, and all four entries were part of a phrase (Allgemeine Geschäftsbedingungen or some expansion of that).

Susan

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Context message for Kudoz (Staff: existing message will be improved)

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »