Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 21:20
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Mar 20, 2010

Hello,

I just noticed that our "preferred currency" is in the "contact" tab of our profile. Why is this, I wonder? It doesn't seem logical to me. If we want to give our rates, we do so on the main profile page, where there's also a field called "payment method accepted" - surely this would be the logical place for currency.

If it's ProZ designers' thinking that physical location and currency are inextricably linked, I'm not at all sure that's the case. Even if it is the
... See more
Hello,

I just noticed that our "preferred currency" is in the "contact" tab of our profile. Why is this, I wonder? It doesn't seem logical to me. If we want to give our rates, we do so on the main profile page, where there's also a field called "payment method accepted" - surely this would be the logical place for currency.

If it's ProZ designers' thinking that physical location and currency are inextricably linked, I'm not at all sure that's the case. Even if it is the case, it still seems to fit more logically with rates and payment methods.

I take this opportunity to renew a call for a related change, as discussed in this thread: http://www.proz.com/forum/prozcom_suggestions/81476-preferred_currency_in_the_profile.html

Some of us are more than happy to accept more than one currency, so please let us specify a number of preferences. Outsourcers can do this - why can't we?
Collapse

Lucia Leszinsky
Lucia Leszinsky
SITE STAFF
Great ideas! Mar 20, 2010

Hello Sheila,

Both your suggestions make sense. Let me see what can be done with the "Preferred currency" field in the "Contact" tab in profiles and request the addition of an "Accepted currencies" field to "Freelancer" profiles just as it is available in "Translation company" accounts.

I'll post here as soon as I have any news.

Have an excellent weekend!

Regards,

Lucia

Mónica Algazi
Mónica Algazi  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 17:20
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
Great idea, Lucía. Mar 20, 2010

I noticed this yesterday and agree with Sheila.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Profile "contact" tab seems an odd place for "Preferred currency"

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »