Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:12
German to Spanish
+ ...
In memoriam
Feb 26, 2010

Hello everybody out there!

I have two suggtestions. I think both have not been made yet. If I am wrong, please accept my apologizes and let me know it, please. Thank you!

1st. one: You can flag or filter colleagues by just clicking under their names in a kudoz-question. What about outsources or agencies? I think it would be a great feature if any individual could get this information or not being bothered by it.

2nd.: Sometimes I see that a Kudoz-question
... See more
Hello everybody out there!

I have two suggtestions. I think both have not been made yet. If I am wrong, please accept my apologizes and let me know it, please. Thank you!

1st. one: You can flag or filter colleagues by just clicking under their names in a kudoz-question. What about outsources or agencies? I think it would be a great feature if any individual could get this information or not being bothered by it.

2nd.: Sometimes I see that a Kudoz-question gets no answer, but hundreds ;o)) of explanations (including suggestions) at its discussion forum. Why not making possible to start a discussion related to a question when at least one answer has been given (no matter who has given it?)

What do you think about it?

Have a great weekend!

Regards,
Helena

[Edited at 2010-02-26 20:23 GMT]
Collapse

Enrique Cavalitto
Enrique Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:12
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
On delaying KudoZ discussions Feb 26, 2010

Helena Diaz del Real wrote:

2nd.: Sometimes I see that a Kudoz-question gets no answer, but hundreds ;o)) of explanations (including suggestions) at its discussion forum. Why not making possible to start a discussion related to a question when at least one answer has been given (no matter who has given it?)

Hi Helena,

The main purpose of "help" KudoZ is to provide help to the asker. Delaying the availability of discussion entries would go against this objective.

Also, the discussion box is used by answerers to request more context and for askers for providing clarifications. These features need to be available since the moment the question was asked.

Regards,
Enrique

Helena Diaz del Real
Helena Diaz del Real  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
You are right, Enrique Feb 26, 2010

Hola Enrique,

Enrique wrote:
Also, the discussion box is used by answerers to request more context and for askers for providing clarifications. These features need to be available since the moment the question was asked.

Regards,
Enrique

You are definetely right. Why didn't I think of it on my own??? I use these forum in that way also!

Please disregard my second suggestion. It was a bad one. Thank you!

Many greetings to you and your family, Enrique! (Hope to see you soon again!)

My very best wishes,
Helena

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 00:12
Spanish
+ ...
Yes please Feb 26, 2010

This would make the lives of everyone involved easier.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Discussion is necessary Feb 28, 2010

2nd.: Sometimes I see that a Kudoz-question gets no answer, but hundreds ;o)) of explanations (including suggestions) at its discussion forum. Why not making possible to start a discussion related to a question when at least one answer has been given (no matter who has given it?

Personally I think the discussion should be open from the beginning as it is now: in so many cases you want to clarify the matter at hand before entering an answer. If more people want to enter the discussion, it might get a bit long before the question is even clear enough...

Pablo Bouvier
Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
German to Spanish
+ ...
Two suggestions at once Feb 28, 2010

[Edited at 2010-02-26 20:23 GMT]

I agree to this one too.

[Editado a las 2010-02-28 09:21 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Two suggestions at once

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »