Kay Barbara
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:21
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
Feb 22, 2010

Dear all,

First of all I hope I didn't miss anything (existing thread or function already implemented somewhere)!

When you are looking at someone's history of answered Kudoz questions, I thought it would be nice if you could filter them according to fields. I think the biggest benefit would be for askers asking questions in little frequented fields where peer comments are sometimes rare. With this feature askers could check the answerers' track record in any given fiel
... See more
Dear all,

First of all I hope I didn't miss anything (existing thread or function already implemented somewhere)!

When you are looking at someone's history of answered Kudoz questions, I thought it would be nice if you could filter them according to fields. I think the biggest benefit would be for askers asking questions in little frequented fields where peer comments are sometimes rare. With this feature askers could check the answerers' track record in any given field which would be more informative than just looking at the number of questions answered (in any field) or the total number of kudoz points. This could help them establish which answerer is likely to have provided a good answer.

I appreciate that it would be optimitic to expect all askers use this feature to their advantage but I think it might benefit some of the more professional askers. Another point (less significant, I admit) would be that users could peruse their past kudoz successes (and failures) in a field of their choice more easily.

Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Kay
Collapse

Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:21
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
KudoZ points (and actual answers) by field Feb 22, 2010

Hi Kay,
If you click on the person's KudoZ Point Totals on his/her profile page, you get the field by field breakdown. You can click on the red "Points" total for each field and the actual list of questions/answers will be displayed.
Is this what you are looking for?

Katalin

Kay Barbara
Kay Barbara
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:21
Member (2008)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks so much, Katalin! Feb 22, 2010

Hi Katalin,

This was exactly what I was looking for. I think I might have used it before and I have just forgotten how to get there. So I guess this thread has become obsolete rather quickly.

Well, maybe it could be made clearer in some place that this function is available but that's probably just me

Cheers,

Kay

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Filtering by subject/field in Kudoz "Answered" Tab

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »