Thread poster: Jeff Allen
Jeff Allen
Jeff Allen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:38
Multiplelanguages
+ ...
Feb 20, 2010

Due to the Haiti disaster in Jan 2010, there is a huge interest in Haitian Creole, including on many different social networks.
And this will last for several years due to the need to reconstruct the country of Haiti, and all that entails the translation needs involved in that.

I will certainly be an active participant in such a forum.

Jared Tabor
Jared Tabor
Local time: 11:38
SITE STAFF
Thanks Jeff-- new forum created Feb 20, 2010

Hello Jeff,

Thanks for the suggestion.

A new non-English forum for Creole has been created, here: http://www.proz.com/forum/892 . You can also find it by going to the non-English forum section and scrolling down through the non-English forum list.

Best regards,

Jared

Jeff Allen
Jeff Allen  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:38
Multiplelanguages
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
many thanks for creating Creole language forum Feb 20, 2010

I'll starting posting some updates on all that has happened over past month for Haitian Creole.
It's moving at 100 miles/hour.

Jeff

Suzanne Deliscar
Suzanne Deliscar  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:38
Member (2009)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I'm Interested Too Feb 21, 2010

Thanks for creating the forum Jared. Looking forward to your posts Jeff. Who would have thought that, at least for now, Haitian Creole is now the language to know?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Creole language forum

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »