Thread poster: Riens Middelhof
Riens Middelhof
Riens Middelhof  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:29
Spanish to Dutch
+ ...
Nov 2, 2009

I think a (separate) board for on-site and in-house positions could be worthy addition to this site. Nowadays they´re posted between the normal job offers, but in-house positions have a range of variables which do not fit exactly in the existing structure.

It could be opened for other in-house multilingual positions too, like language teaching and/or multilingual administrative jobs.

Any opinions about this?

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:29
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Agree to a different place for in-house jobs Nov 2, 2009

Certainly, in-house positions need to be viewed very differently - most freelancers simply aren't interested. Mind you, I've seen a couple of jobs lately posted as in-house, where they're asking for proofreading of a few thousand words. Has the definition of in-house changed or what?

On-site jobs seems to me to be compatible with "normal" jobs but it's annoying to read it all, only to discover that it's on the other side of the world!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

In-house and on-site job offers

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »