Local time: 14:42
French to German
+ ...
Thanks, Gemma ... Oct 27, 2009

Gemma Sanza Porcar wrote:

since this changes are fantastic for our brain not to fall into Alzheimer

Greetings,

Gemma

I think my brain gets enough challenges as it is, so I don't really need a new page layout to help prevent Alzheimer.

But at least I can see the good intention behind this change now, which at first only seemed annoying.

Fiona Grace Peterson
Fiona Grace Peterson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 14:42
Italian to English
Change for change's sake Oct 27, 2009

polyglot45 wrote:

Change for change's sake - what a pity when there are so many really important things that need to be done.

Glad to know that some people have so much spare time on their hands .....

Agreed!

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
In a nutshell Oct 27, 2009

Fiona Peterson wrote:

polyglot45 wrote:

Change for change's sake - what a pity when there are so many really important things that need to be done.

Glad to know that some people have so much spare time on their hands .....

Agreed!

Agree from me too.

Heike Behl, Ph.D.
Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 13:42
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
practical objection Nov 1, 2009

Just been browsing through the forum post with the new layout...

My major objection against this new layout is:
The titles of the individual posts are far to the left, the scroll bar is at the far right. That is, I have to move the cursor (with the mouse pad of my laptop or with the mouse) almost the longest possible distance on the screen. The title fields themselves are reduced to minimum size and "huddle" at the left side.

This is even made worse by the fact th
... See more
Just been browsing through the forum post with the new layout...

My major objection against this new layout is:
The titles of the individual posts are far to the left, the scroll bar is at the far right. That is, I have to move the cursor (with the mouse pad of my laptop or with the mouse) almost the longest possible distance on the screen. The title fields themselves are reduced to minimum size and "huddle" at the left side.

This is even made worse by the fact that the previous window position is not saved, ie. when coming back to the main index page of the post, you always have to scroll down to go back to the last post you were looking at.

This constant cursor movement from left to right is a bit annoying and not exactly user-friendly. This was much better in the old layout.

Can we have it back, please?

[Edited at 2009-11-01 17:56 GMT]
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Disoriented by new ProZ web page layout

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »